Share This Page:

European Elections

Interested or active in politics, discuss here.

Who will you vote for:-

a> Labour
2%
b> Conservative
15%
c> Lib Dem
No votes
d> UK Independence Party
41%
e> BNP
27%
f> Scots/Welsh Nationalists
No votes
g> Other
7%
h> Undecided
7%

Total votes: 41

Spannerman

European Elections

Post by Spannerman »

The European Elections are to be held in the UK on Thursday June 10th, please add your vote to the poll.
AdamR

Post by AdamR »

I'll be voting as June the 10th is my 18th Birthday (and I have a Chemistry exam that day to boot). Unfortunately as I am a Northern Monkey I can only vote by post... doesn't bother me as my family and neighbours aren't really into politics, they'll sign the form, I'll tick the box, I have about a dozen so far.
Last edited by AdamR on Wed 26 May, 2004 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What do you know about surfing major, you're from god damn New Jersey
may18

Post by may18 »

tories for me

not a fan of them, they are the leser evil imho.

UKIP are still flying btw..now 3rd highest in polls.
Jon

Post by Jon »

I haven't decided myself. The only information i've recieved about the parties is from leaflets posted through my door which are all the same to me. BNP posted one through my door this morning (the local candidate was the driver for Jean-Marie Le Pen and the dad of a fellow school pupil - worst scallie you will ever hear). Bloody racist c@#t. UKIP is probably favourite though, followed by Tories
The Best Is Yet To Come
minimac

Post by minimac »

BNP flyer for me this morning.

Jeebus is all I'm saying. I didnt know this attitude even existed! Naive I guess.

MM
owdun

Post by owdun »

Adam, you have just posted the reason why postal voting is the biggest fraud to be inflicted on the Electorate. The principle of one man, one vote, has kept this country free of rigged elections up until the last few years, now it's wide open to corruption, as you prove by your post.

Aye Owdun. :evil:
minimac

Post by minimac »

I'd love to be in the sorting office.

The temptation must be crazy!

MM
AdamR

Post by AdamR »

owdun wrote:Adam, you have just posted the reason why postal voting is the biggest fraud to be inflicted on the Electorate. The principle of one man, one vote, has kept this country free of rigged elections up until the last few years, now it's wide open to corruption, as you prove by your post.

Aye Owdun. :evil:
I'm not really going to fraudulently vote, I was just proving that exact point. I'm a bit miffed at it really, I wanted to go down to the polling station, cross my box and slip it into the big black monster. I might sally on down to the sorting office on the day and hand in my ballot (judging the post office these days it would be a wise idea). Just wait until we're voting by e mail and text... Tsk, talk about the death of democracy.
What do you know about surfing major, you're from god damn New Jersey
Powder monkey

Post by Powder monkey »

The UKIP are a joke.

How many times have they nearly self destructed now through bitter internal struggles?
This post was typed up in front of a live studio audience at pinewood studios England.
Spannerman

Post by Spannerman »

Looks like Labour with a landslide majority so far!! I wonder if this is how it will read on June 11th and if anyone in the corridors of Whitehall will be listening :D
may18

Post by may18 »

Spannerman wrote:Looks like Labour with a landslide majority so far!! I wonder if this is how it will read on June 11th and if anyone in the corridors of Whitehall will be listening :D
hehe i think this is an atypical section of people im afraid.
On a non military board i visit the same question is asked. And the liberals are miles ahead.

Interestingly theres also a "would you serve if you were called up" thread and most wouldnt..reasons given "killing is wrong" i owe my country nothing etc.
Spannerman

Post by Spannerman »

Yes of course it is a specific type of person on these forums as it would be if you conducted a poll in the Sun or Telegraph newspapers, the differences would be huge, but watch out for a huge swing of public opinion two weeks today.
Jason The Argonaut

Post by Jason The Argonaut »

I'm going with the UK Independence Party, seems like many others are to !
I fight for my corner and secondly I leave when the pub closes. - Winston Churchill [img]http://www.world-of-smilies.de/html/images/smilies/teufel/smilie_vampire.gif[/img]
Spannerman

Post by Spannerman »

European Elections

Nice to see all the Cross of St. George flags being flown from the cars, bit early for Euro 2004 yet but perhaps there is a little more patriotism being shown to cock a snook at those on the European mainland.

In my barbers shop today was a leaflet stuck in the window saying vote for the UKIP, the owner said he wanted to put a BNP leaflet in there too but he didn't want a brick thrown through his window.
may18

Post by may18 »

Spannerman wrote:European Elections

Nice to see all the Cross of St. George flags being flown from the cars, bit early for Euro 2004 yet but perhaps there is a little more patriotism being shown to cock a snook at those on the European mainland.

In my barbers shop today was a leaflet stuck in the window saying vote for the UKIP, the owner said he wanted to put a BNP leaflet in there too but he didn't want a brick thrown through his window.
Do you think the influence of euro 200 (increased flag waving etc)
will help the UKIP?.

Ive voted tory all my life ..but im tempted towards UKIP

Not the BNP though to be honest..