Share This Page:

Purple Powder Attack on PM

Interested or active in politics, discuss here.
blodwyn

Purple Powder Attack on PM

Post by blodwyn »

We gonna see Tony B. doing PM's questions in an S10 now ?
Borrow money from pessimists, they dont expect it back.
goreD.

Post by goreD. »

David Blunkett said,

"I didn't see a thing".

Gore.
Mexican bandit, "Badges?! We don't need no stinking badges....."
Major Kong, "Shoot, a fella could have a pretty good weekend in vegas with all that stuff....."
Gore, "The first casualty of war is your underpants....."
blodwyn

Post by blodwyn »

Potential chemical attack in the houses of parliament, :o I bet the fire bridgade where crawling all over the place in no time....hang on....that would be if they , um , were'nt on strike :oops:
dannyd

Post by dannyd »

I was actually watching this live when it happened (before there are loud cries of "sad bastard" I was actually rewinding the Hammers game from last night & it just happened to be on the TV at the time...).

It was quite funny actually - old Bony Clair looked quite shocked.

Andrew Marr said that it must have come from the gallery for guests of the MPs & peers as the public gallery now has a glass screen to prevent this sort of thing.

As an aside, it is sometimes interesting to watch the live goings on of parliament - all they do is shout and heckle each other. Nice if they actually did some real work.
may18

Post by may18 »

damn shame it was harmless
Last edited by may18 on Wed 19 May, 2004 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cambridgebloke

Post by cambridgebloke »

It was the "Fathers for Justice" who did it. Nice to see that the £600,000 protective screen works then Tony... :roll:
blodwyn

Post by blodwyn »

Saint Tony doesn't need a protective screen, he relies on divine intervention to protect him, didn't you see the way the paint 'bounced' off of his back and all over his bezzer mate Gordon; either that or he's mastered using the dark side of the force :evil:
cambridgebloke

Post by cambridgebloke »

:lol: :lol: Blodwyn
English Rose

Post by English Rose »

John Prescott:
"Not bloody Chumbawumba again" :roll: :P
Waiting for my rocket to come.
blodwyn

Post by blodwyn »

see, i was right, you can just see his light sabre at the bottom right of centre of the picture, the force is strong in this one..................
Tab

Post by Tab »

Mind you a number of them could have been killed or injured in the rush to get of the building, [should we be so lucky], it just go to show you just how important they think they are.

:drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking:
Falkens

Post by Falkens »

I think he should be looked upon that it should never have gone that far. Looking at it laterally, whether your views and opinions of Tony Blair are somewhat different to others he is a member of our government who needs protecting etc and should be protected etc. For someone, whoever he is and what causes are this is a serious security risk and a pathetic act of lunacy.
A full screen should have been put up anyway after there security checks do not appear too stringent!?!
chrisfow

Post by chrisfow »

If u go to watch PMs Question Time from the gallery (as I have) it is actually pretty cool. There is certainly an atmosphere and TB and Michael Howard really play to the audience, it is kida like watching a v. political standup show!

I went before the screen, and although I was sitting in the fouth row I still could not see all that much (although I could see the entire front benches of both parties). MPs only voted by 8 to allow the screen, because they are aware of the fact that ppl should be able to see what they do. This is, after all, a democracy (of sorts).

Now the MPs resolve will be hardened and when they come to vote on the permanent screen they will vote by a landslide.

I used to support Fathers4Justice. Now I hope that they rot in hell and never see their kids again...they are obviously too childish to be put in a position of responsibility.

Thanks for nothing, F4J :fist:
Staffords all the way :D