Share This Page:

some questions regarding a Canadian joining the Royal Navy

Discussions on joining & training in the Royal Navy.
wilberhayanisel

some questions regarding a Canadian joining the Royal Navy

Post by wilberhayanisel »

0. I am a Canadian joining UK Royal Navy. I am applying for the medical assistant position. Is there any household here that can offer me a free room during the training and selection period? I was told the recruitment centers are all over UK, so anywhere is fine. If not, at least allow me to pay for the rents after I am enrolled in the Navy and get a paycheque? I can provide all the required documents that I will be joining the Navy, which ensures my paycheque and the ability to pay for the rents afterward, and you will have my information so you can always call the Navy and say something like "get me Navy soldier number #$%^#@%". Also, I would prefer if I could actually get in UK before the selection and training period to get to know UK better and familiarize myself with the country before.
1. What is "Confirmation of non-liability for national or military service" exactly and how do I get it from whom?
2. What is "Copy of deed poll if you have changed your name"? Something like a citizenship card? I was born in South Korea, but I got an English name when I came to Canada.
3. What is "A signed and completed Tattoo proforma showing any tattoos you may have"? I don't have any tatoo. But where can I and how can I this kind of document?
4. After I send all the documents, it takes about 3 months to process my document and another 3 months to contact me for the selection and training period, right? Then after the training another 3 months until I start working in the UK Navy.