Share This Page:

Joining, but I'd like to know the process.

Discussions on joining & training in the Royal Navy.
Beckie

Joining, but I'd like to know the process.

Post by Beckie »

Alright folks, I got my application in to the Royal Navy, I have a Psychometric test on the 17th of December, now I'm a little anxious.
Are these tests difficult? Judging by the booklet they are fairly straight forward but I'm desperately hoping to get into Meteorology and Oceanography.
My fitness is decent, I don't have many worries about that, other than do I have to do proper push ups or ladies push ups, and if so how many, I can do the latter for a long time...
And how many sit ups?
I do martial arts so my level of activity is frequent, and I've taken to running 2.4km every day now. I'm making excellent progress to reaching the 11 min mark even though the time required is 13 mins 15 sec
I have tattoos, now the person who gave me the advice said I should JUST be okay, they are borderline with regards to their position on my body and how it affects my uniform, like arms and one on my upper back just shy of the bottom of my neck.
Any information you can give would be great and some friendly advice on interview and fitness processes would ease my mind a great deal!
Thanks guys!
Also once I've completed the PM test, is it a fairly quick running deal after that?
I want to be in by summer or late next year, but any earlier would be a bonus, granted I pass the first stage of course.

This was intended for the RN forum not RNR, I clicked the wrong one, reported to be moved.
Firstmate

Re: Joining, but I'd like to know the process.

Post by Firstmate »

Beckie wrote:Alright folks, I got my application in to the Royal Navy, I have a Psychometric test on the 17th of December, now I'm a little anxious.
Are these tests difficult? Judging by the booklet they are fairly straight forward but I'm desperately hoping to get into Meteorology and Oceanography.
My fitness is decent, I don't have many worries about that, other than do I have to do proper push ups or ladies push ups, and if so how many, I can do the latter for a long time...
And how many sit ups?
I do martial arts so my level of activity is frequent, and I've taken to running 2.4km every day now. I'm making excellent progress to reaching the 11 min mark even though the time required is 13 mins 15 sec
I have tattoos, now the person who gave me the advice said I should JUST be okay, they are borderline with regards to their position on my body and how it affects my uniform, like arms and one on my upper back just shy of the bottom of my neck.
Any information you can give would be great and some friendly advice on interview and fitness processes would ease my mind a great deal!
Thanks guys!
Also once I've completed the PM test, is it a fairly quick running deal after that?
I want to be in by summer or late next year, but any earlier would be a bonus, granted I pass the first stage of course.

This was intended for the RN forum not RNR, I clicked the wrong one, reported to be moved.
The quick answer for you is with a question.

Why didn't you ask all of this at the AFCO?

There is no way you will be in by next summer. Most jobs in the RN have a 2 years (minimum) waiting list, and no there is no way around it, so be prepared for things to move slowly once you have completed all of the process.
Yer tiz