Share This Page:

Left the marines, gone in to civi street, fed up.

Discussions on joining & training in the Royal Navy.
bootneck1

Left the marines, gone in to civi street, fed up.

Post by bootneck1 »

Need a bit of advice. I recently left the marines, i got my self a decent job, higher paid etc, but looking back i do miss the lads, and getting wet and dirty (dont laugh), but cause the marines dont have the trades compared to the Navy, so i am really considering joining the Navy as a diver as hardship of the training is near enough the same, also working in small numbers etc. I have done recerational diving, (although differennt things) and really enjoyed it. My girlfriend thinks its a good idea, she knows its getting me down, and since i left the forces it feels like a massive part of me is missing. The one thing that changed my mind was when i was one the train getting back home just looking at people faces, not one smile i could find.
I know there is a waiting list, which would give me time to train, am i right to understand that providing i can prove that i did my eight years i can join again on the same pay after basic training. Has anyone rejoined from another military service. Any advice would be welcomed.
Last edited by bootneck1 on Wed 22 Apr, 2009 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bootneck1

Post by bootneck1 »

Also just a quick note, for people wanting to leave the forces. I was told the grass maynot be greener on the other side, and from first hand experience its not. You only realise how good the forces are when you leave, and get that civi job that you dont really care about
bootneck1

Post by bootneck1 »

any advice is better than nothing
waleed444

Re: Left the marines, gone in to civi street, fed up.

Post by waleed444 »

Mate when you get to Raleigh, if you are in Cornwall division and have P.O Werner, tell him that he's just a learner see how he reacts. xD
Sign up with Certkiller ccnp syllabus ccna for getting incredible online testking courses a plus 220-801 certification and bgsp.edu