Share This Page:

New Aircraft Carrier Developments

Discussions on joining & training in the Royal Navy.
proffered

New Aircraft Carrier Developments

Post by proffered »

Thought I'd post a serious topic for a change, rather than the political debating I've been drawn into (and am not very good at :D)

Taken from RN website 14/12/05
Defence Secretary John Reid today announced a series of major developments in MoD’s multi-billion pound programme to build a new class of aircraft carrier for the Armed Forces

Good to see that the ball is finally getting rolling - I feel the timing between the introduction of the Joint Strike Fighter and the CVF is already a little too close for comfort. That and of course I wouldn't mind the chance to serve on an aircraft carrier, which won't happen if they're not built!
sophiebutty

Post by sophiebutty »

Thanks very much for that Adrian, Navy's getting some pretty funky kit at the mo. All rather exciting. Now just have to get in.....

Soph
xxxx
proffered

Post by proffered »

I think we just need a bit more (easy to say, I know). Although I don't know any better in my own (aware) lifetime, it is quite humbling to see the fall in numbers - both personnel and fleet - during the 20th century. The 'catch-all' Astute class subs, that look like they will eventually replace both the Swiftsure and Trafalgar classes, and then the commissioned type 45 destroyers, but yet no frigate replacement plan established. One can only feel that great, yet insidious, fleet cuts are in order.

On a more positive note - check out www.rncom.mod.uk I was completely unaware of this website at the time of my AIB, yet they have a few DVDs in quicktime format that are circulated to the fleet. Quite useful for preparation, but really interesting 'professionally' looking from outside to in.

Best Wishes,

Adrian
Doc

Post by Doc »

sophiebutty wrote:Thanks very much for that Adrian, Navy's getting some pretty funky kit at the mo. All rather exciting. Now just have to get in.....

Soph
xxxx

When do you join Soph?
sophiebutty

Post by sophiebutty »

Have got my AIB on the 15th Jan. Is terrifyingly close got lots of lovely reading to do ovre Christmas. Hurrah.

Cheers for yet another website Adrian. You are a veritable mine of information.

Soph
xxx
Doc

Post by Doc »

well your in Liverpool what else is there to do? :roll: :lol:

Good luck again and I agree Adrian is a top bloke, weird fetishes but otherwise sound :o :lol:
sophiebutty

Post by sophiebutty »

Thanks think I'll be needing the luck. You're not too bad yourself either Doc. And thanks to some lovely little scallies I have nothing else to do becuase my bike got nicked last night. All the steroetypes are true

:x
proffered

Post by proffered »

My girlfriend's parents are scouse - I'm sure they have a wardrobe full of shellsuits. If either of them tries to sell me a bike in the next few days I'll let you know :wink:

As for my fetishes, I think it's being taken well out of context. How was I to know they would serve drinks at a farm? Always up for a bit of fun when drunk, loosening the inhibitions etc. And who would have thought people would take photos? :oops: If you ask me, they're the ones with the fetish - taking pictures of my self-styled nativity scene. Right, no more of that, the RSPCA have a court order preventing me from ever talking about it. :evil: :D :D

Good luck with the AIB Sophie - I'm sure you'll be fine. Besides reading about the fleet there's not really a great deal of prep you can do. Just remember - KEEP YOUR VOICE UP!! It becomes a mantra after day 1.