Share This Page:

Looking for advice. Which career gets the most travel etc.

Discussions on joining & training in the Royal Navy.
jahes

Looking for advice. Which career gets the most travel etc.

Post by jahes »

Hi
I'm looking for a career change and have I been looking at the Royal Navy and RAF. One of the reasons why I'm thinking of joining is because of the travel opportunities. I have a few questions if somebody can help me out.
1 Which career in the Royal Navy (non officer) gets the most opportunities to travel to other countries.
2 How often do you get to travel to other countries and how long do you stay for. If for example you arrive at the harbour in Tokyo or Sydney do you get a few days or a week to spend in these cities.
Thanks for any help, and if anyone has any other advice it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Winnie

Post by Winnie »

Im not actually in the navy but i have loads of family who are, and basically its not one of the best jobs, lots of people hate it but a big few actually enjoy it, thats Operator Mechanic (warfare) you will get told that all you will do is scrub the deck and paint the ships, but seriously its not all that, i have mates in there that love their job. Anyway the point is they are always needed on ship, so you travel all over the world, and yes whenever you dock you do get some time to go ashore.
Stix@CTC

Post by Stix@CTC »

Better off working for Lunn Polly !! :lol:
It's not how many posts you have made......It's the quality of what you say when you get here.[img]http://www.theheskins.eclipse.co.uk/drum2.gif[/img]
Powder monkey

Post by Powder monkey »

RM.Nod05 wrote:Im not actually in the navy but i have loads of family who are, and basically its not one of the best jobs, lots of people hate it but a big few actually enjoy it, thats Operator Mechanic (warfare) you will get told that all you will do is scrub the deck and paint the ships, but seriously its not all that, i have mates in there that love their job. Anyway the point is they are always needed on ship, so you travel all over the world, and yes whenever you dock you do get some time to go ashore.
Hehe. Trust me, you don't want to be an OM(W).
flynn101

Post by flynn101 »

The Royal Auxiliary Fleet is good for travel and you only require GCSE's to become an officer