Share This Page:

Failed my rgmd , need clarification on a few things

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
D1chuter

Failed my rgmd , need clarification on a few things

Post by D1chuter »

I've wanted to join the army for ages, applied a few months back. Prior to this my father passed away about a year and a half ago, came as quite a shock and I would say I was more easily stressed as I was grieving. I referred myself to my gp and he prescribed me anti-depressants and referred me to a stress managment and talking therapy programme. I referred myself because the amount of stress I was experiencing in general didn't feel normal to me and I told him I think I'm depressed, like clinicially. Anywho, so this went down on my medical records and hence my rgmd form. It's come back as rejected, no suprise there. I'm still waiting for the letter in the post which states why :roll: . What I was looking for is perspective from you guys on the likelihood of me applying again/appealing and getting passed. This period should go down on paper as one episode of depressive disorder and it says within the last 12 months its a bar for entry for one episode. Do I stand a good chance if I'm treatment free for more than 3 years or whatever the period is despite having that 'episode' in my medical history and having been rejected already? Also if that is possible how long do you need to be in the clear for?