Share This Page:

Officer Entry

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
beckyadelle02

Officer Entry

Post by beckyadelle02 »

I am enquiring about any possible leeway with officer entry requirements as I have a shortfall in UCAS Points.
I surpass the ALIS points, however I only hold 160 UCAS points from my BTEC National Diploma In Uniformed Public Services. I have been working within Finance for several years with the desire to become a MA in the Army.

I am presently studying my Level 3 ICM (Institute of Credit Management) which will aid with my UCAS points, however I am unsure whether I need to apply on completion, or whether there is any leeway for me to enter before completion?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Becky
Zero_Higher

Re: Officer Entry

Post by Zero_Higher »

Hi Becky,

Welcome to the forums. I'll do some digging and get back to you.

As far as I know the Minimum qualifications are 35 ALIS points (34 for SNQs) from 7 GCSE/SNQ subjects, with a minimum grade C/2 in English Language, Maths and either a science or a foreign language; plus 180 UCAS Tariff points from a maximum of 3 subjects (4 for Scottish Highers and excluding General Studies) with a minimum of 2 at National Level 3 (excluding AS Levels) or National or International equivalent.

I'll make a few enquires and get back to you

Zero
A determined person doesn't find it hard to succeed; they find it hard to stop trying
Zero_Higher

Re: Officer Entry

Post by Zero_Higher »

Hi Becky,

I ran this past a serving officer currently serving in an AFCO. Based on the information provided, you would not meet the Education Criteria as you have suggested that you do not possess the required number of UCAS points. You will have to wait until completion of your Level 3 ICM or on completion of any course that will provide you with the required points.

Please note it is your responsibility to demonstrate that you meet the Education Eligibility Criteria. If their understanding of the qualifications you hold is incorrect it is your duty to let them know.

Best,

Zero
A determined person doesn't find it hard to succeed; they find it hard to stop trying