Share This Page:

All clear now thanks :)

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
ash*

Re: All clear now thanks :)

Post by ash* »

Update 2!

Afco just rang and booked my interview, November 22nd! Long time to wait but at least its still moving forward.
Millar

Post by Millar »

ash* wrote:Update 2!

Afco just rang and booked my interview, November 22nd! Long time to wait but at least its still moving forward.
Best of luck :)
ash*

Post by ash* »

Millar wrote:
ash* wrote:Update 2!

Best of luck :)
Cheers bud!

Not long for you now! Bet you cant wait. We may one day bump into each other!
Scouse Lancer

Post by Scouse Lancer »

Don't forget Ash, if the RSigs ain't for you, you can always transfer to another corps or trade within the RSigs.

Good luck to both of you.

There are days when I wish I had not left.
Once a Lancer always a Lancer, Ich Dien.

It must be accepted as a principle that the rifle, effective as it is, cannot replace the effect produced by the speed of the horse, the magnetism of the charge and the terror of cold steel. - British Cavalry Training Manual, 1907
ash*

Post by ash* »

Scouse Lancer wrote:Don't forget Ash, if the RSigs ain't for you, you can always transfer to another corps or trade within the RSigs.

Cheers bud. I'm 100% sure the signals is for me.

By left do you mean left completely or transferred to another unit?
Millar

Post by Millar »

Yes mate, counting down the hours of each day, can't come quick enough, and eventually I would like to transfer to a CSE rather than a CSO both within the Signals ofcourse
ash*

Post by ash* »

Millar wrote:Yes mate, counting down the hours of each day, can't come quick enough, and eventually I would like to transfer to a CSE rather than a CSO both within the Signals ofcourse
Slightly jealous but I'll get there eventually!

Can't hack work any more though! Spend most of the working day on the army website, youtube, here and any other military related stuff I can find.

I've got EW as my first choice and CSE second, and CSO third.
Millar

Post by Millar »

ash* wrote:
Millar wrote:Yes mate, counting down the hours of each day, can't come quick enough, and eventually I would like to transfer to a CSE rather than a CSO both within the Signals ofcourse

Can't hack work any more though! Spend most of the working day on the army website, youtube, here and any other military related stuff I can find.

EW sounds like a Pro job, but I don't fancy the waiting list, unless it's changed since I last got told about it
Scouse Lancer

Post by Scouse Lancer »

ash* wrote:
Scouse Lancer wrote:Don't forget Ash, if the RSigs ain't for you, you can always transfer to another corps or trade within the RSigs.

Cheers bud. I'm 100% sure the signals is for me.

By left do you mean left completely or transferred to another unit?
By left I mean left the Army. Civi street is too full of civilians :( Lol
Once a Lancer always a Lancer, Ich Dien.

It must be accepted as a principle that the rifle, effective as it is, cannot replace the effect produced by the speed of the horse, the magnetism of the charge and the terror of cold steel. - British Cavalry Training Manual, 1907
ash*

Post by ash* »

Millar wrote:
ash* wrote:

EW sounds like a Pro job, but I don't fancy the waiting list, unless it's changed since I last got told about it
Not heard about the waiting list yet :( it wasn't on my job choices so unsure how long it is.

Just shows if your persistent enough though... my medical has come back clear and I've managed to move my interview date to the 4th October!! Much better than the 22nd November.

I know I'll pass that so hopefully I'll get pre selection and selection soon after.

Run time down to flat 10. still aiming for more though just got to watch I don't strain anything pushing too much.
Millar

Post by Millar »

Yea 4th of October will fly around, and if you pass Pre-Selection (which you will with that time) ADSC is usually between 2/4 weeks afterwards, just remember the run isn't the most important thing at ADSC as it is at pre-selection, just be loud, confident and give imput when you can and you should be fine though.

I'll be in Phase 1 when you come to that stage, I'll come back to this in January and hear how your getting on :)
ash*

Post by ash* »

Millar wrote:Yea 4th of October will fly around, and if you pass Pre-Selection (which you will with that time) ADSC is usually between 2/4 weeks afterwards, just remember the run isn't the most important thing at ADSC as it is at pre-selection, just be loud, confident and give imput when you can and you should be fine though.

I'll be in Phase 1 when you come to that stage, I'll come back to this in January and hear how your getting on :)
Cheers buddy, good luck with phase 1, keep us posted (when possible) with your progress, get stuck in and enjoy it!

All the best :D
Fent

Post by Fent »

Sounds like everythings going great for you Ash. Im a similar age but no wife. I was tempted to go TA due to my age but thought I might aswell go for it! I do the same on my phone when I'm supposed to be doing stuff just browsing military stuff lol