Share This Page:

Getting 1.5 time down.

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
Fent

Re: Getting 1.5 time down.

Post by Fent »

I forgot how hard swimming is. I was blowing out my ass after 20mins and thought my arms were going to drop off lol
Millar

Post by Millar »

Fent wrote:I forgot how hard swimming is. I was blowing out my ass after 20mins and thought my arms were going to drop off lol
Make your goal 30mins, as like I said that's over 700 Calories right there, keep at it each week and you will get there :)
Fent

Post by Fent »

Went again on saturday and yesterday morning and did 30mins, which was hard but enjoyable!

Had some advice of my BMF on things I should be doing by myself.. so hopefully in the coming weeks ill notice my time dropping abit!
Fent

Post by Fent »

Ddo you have a dental examination at all? I have a missing tooth after it got knocked out during a Football game.
Tab

Post by Tab »

The answer is Yes
J-Macleod

Post by J-Macleod »

I'm trying to join the Grenadier Guards, currently at the medical stage. What sort of run time should I be looking to achieve for any of the guards regiments? I know they say 12:45 for all infantry except Paras, but we all know that is b*llocks really. I always get between 10:15-10:30 each time I attempt the 1.5 miler. I haven't been able to knock it down for quite some time now.

I'm sure I would be able to get sub 10 minutes at ADSC with all the adrenalin and competition, but I'm still a bit concerned. Also, I know this is unrelated, but I scored 70 on the BARB test, is that taken into account at ADSC when they weigh you up for the job. You only need 26 for The Grenadiers.

Cheers,

James