Share This Page:

Sandbag Training

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
nel

Sandbag Training

Post by nel »

Have any of you blokes or lasses ever used sandbags during training? They seem to be good for circuit training and cheap, I just wanted to know before I use them, because what I have been reading is that they can be used to improve overall strength and conditioning, just wanted to know what others opinions are. Also if you have any other methods that can be done without the gym i'd like to hear about them.

Thank you
RoxyK2009

Post by RoxyK2009 »

Hi,

I've been reading through this site for a few days now and I have seen several posts about sandbags being very good for upper body strength and for conditioning for the jerry can walk.

I've previously used one as a prop for strengthing up my sides, just sitting on the floor and passing it around myself.

Hope this helps some.
Bees

Re: Sandbag Training

Post by Bees »

Sand bags are awsome to train with whether you're on a budget or not! I recommend it, also logs, take your sand bag to the nearest field and you can set up some very effective circuits.

15 squats, run to bag>
16 shoulders (lift bag to shoulder & return to floor alt L-R), run to log>
15 sit ups, run to bag>
15 twisting sits, run to log>
16 overhead lunges, run to bag>
16 one arm press (alt L-R), run to log>
15 shoulder press, run to bag>
15 jump squats

Repeat circuit 3-5 times with a 3 min recovery run between.

Obviously spend 15 min on an intense warm up, raise body temp and heart rate. The transition from warm up to work out should be smooth: end of warm up should be as intense as the main effort.
Then warm yourself down and stretch off.

Any other questions feel free to PM