Share This Page:

Exercise Induced Asthma

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
Skanza

Exercise Induced Asthma

Post by Skanza »

*Removed*
Last edited by Skanza on Sun 09 Oct, 2016 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
[b]"Pain is weakness leaving the body"[/b]
Tab

Post by Tab »

The only way they will accept you that is if you lie, but you will get caught out sooner or later. They will ask your doctor for records so is it worth all the bother. Also if some how or other you did get in have considered that you could be putting your mates life's at risk if you had a problem when in th field on active service.
Skanza

Post by Skanza »

*Removed*
Last edited by Skanza on Sun 09 Oct, 2016 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
[b]"Pain is weakness leaving the body"[/b]
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

And I guess you lied on your TA medical???
Courage which goes against military expediency is stupidity, or, if it is insisted upon by a commander, irresponsibility."

"So long as one isn't carrying one's head under one's arm, things aren't too bad."

Erwin Rommel (Desert Fox)
Skuttlebutt

Re: Exercise Induced Asthma

Post by Skuttlebutt »

I get this sometimes, generally when i haven't ran in a while. I think it's just something in your throat that's loosened from running, when i first started training i went out for a 1.5mile run and took 15 minutes, and was coughing for the next 2 days with legs killing.
I've noticed days when it happens I'm coughing up alot of flem during my runs, and after a good few days of running i'm not coughing anything up.

Now if i miss a week i get a mild cough for an hour or so and all is good.
Just keep on running 2 days out of 3 and you'll be fine when it comes to medical checks and training.

Oh and i know 15 minutes is terrible, but this is what 5 years of working in IT does to you.