Share This Page:

application being delayed until january :(

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
liam115

application being delayed until january :(

Post by liam115 »

ok so i got a letter in the post the other day saying that because i have had lasik eye surgery i need to get a form filled in and i cant continue the application process until they have the form back.
On the form it says i have to have been for my last appointment (6 month appointment) so i now have to wait untill dec 18th for the appointment and then i have to send it off and wait for them to clear it even though i have allready sent in a optitions report that i had done last month from ultralase.
so im no happy that i have to wait untill probably mid january to continue with my application.

however this dose give me some more time to sort out my fitness (havent been allowed to run for 3-4 weeks due to shin splints) i also plan on doing another two 11day cycles of my diet so i can lose about 1.5-2 stone in total (allready lost a stone from my last 11 day cycle)
Last edited by liam115 on Tue 01 Dec, 2009 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
application form : done
BARB test : passed
Medical : passed

Training
Fitness : getting better
Run time: 11:02 (needs to be 10)
RC450

Post by RC450 »

Hello, sorry to hear your misfortune. I am not one for commenting on other peoples posts but I feel I have to on this one.

You seem to have an awful lot of negativity, I don't believe that's a good way to be when joining up to the army, I've sensed it and I am only in the application process, I can only imagine how you may come across during the interviews from trained experts.

Look at this as nothing but a good thing, it will give you more time to work on your fitness, loose weight etc. Be more positive, once your breathing, life's good!

Best of luck. RC.
liam115

Post by liam115 »

im not negative i we just hopeing i would be able to get a place for basc in march (what just seems abit unlikely now that i have had neerly a 2 month delay due to the forms) but as i said that at least ill have enough time to lose weight and do abit of training.
so im not being negative im just not to enthusiastic about having to wait a few more months to continue with my application process.

Training
tom163

Post by tom163 »

Liam don't worry about getting delayed for two reasons, it gives you time to get your fitness to the proper level as there is no point going in and getting booted out for not being fit enough and you would have probabily got a delay letter after selection anyway because of the Armys very nearly fully manned and alot of people including myself have been told there is delays till next year.
skidloaf

Post by skidloaf »

Liam, whats your diet, if you don't mind me asking?
B.A.R.B: 86
Interviews: Passed
ADSC: Passed
Intake: January 10th 2010 :D
liam115

Post by liam115 »

its called fatloss4idiots it works really well its just abit dull

here is what i have to eat in a day

For Meal #4 you may eat any combination of the below foods that you wish (you may eat all or just 1 of the below foods, it's up to you).

*There are NO LIMITS ON PORTIONS (you get to choose how much to eat ---- but please remember that you must eat portions small enough so that you never feel "full", that's the only rule).

DAY #3

Meal #1:

# Hard Boiled Eggs
# Bacon Strips

Meal #2:

# Sausage Links
# Chicken

Meal #3:

# Peanuts
# Roast Beef Slices
# Garden Salad

Meal #4:

# Tuna Salad Plate
# Hard Boiled Eggs

Training
liam115

Post by liam115 »

only problem for me is with christmas idont have the extra £20-30 a week to spend on chicken, beef, Sausage and so on so im down to 17.8 st and im waiting untill after christmas befor i continue

Training
Mark5

Get things going

Post by Mark5 »

I dont have to worry about spending money on meat, because I'm a vegetarian.

Because your closer to January and have ultimately to get your efforts in order. How's your injury now? Perhaps if you tailor make your lifestyle you should be able to eat healthily and loose weight.

Strange enough, I weight 11.5 stone whilst being about 5'5 and slim (there's nothing of me however). Sorting myself out is another thread.
There's more to Soldiering then I ever though't.
liam115

Post by liam115 »

well my shin splints seem to be healed now and i went for a run yesterday and iv slowed down alot (it was expected) even though iv been going 8+ mile walks up hills the last 2 weeks. but i think im gona take things abit easyier than i did last time to avoid an injury so im just gona follow the www.armyfit.mod.uk training guide and keep going on walks for now hopefully get my time down again.

Training
liam115

Post by liam115 »

also the last few days iv reset my body clock so that i fall asleep about 12am an wake up between 7-8am instead of going to sleep at 5am and waking up at 12-1pm

Training
liam115

Post by liam115 »

kinda sucks because iv not been able to run for a while i feel like im back to square 1 but o well i plan on walking about 4-6 mile on my rest days

Training
Kythe

Post by Kythe »

Just keep going Liam115 im sure you will get there in the end and then it will be even more worth it :D
Application: Complete
B.A.R.B: Complete
Medical Papers: Complete
Pre-ADSC: Passed
1st Interview: Passed
2nd Interview: Passed
ADSC: Passed
Phase 1 Training: 19th September
Mark5

Best wishes

Post by Mark5 »

Liam 115,

You will make it. You haven't come all this way to give up. Knowing that you will spurs me on, seriously.

Walking will do you good and gradually you will desire to run. You never know you will recover faster then you think.

When I start to run to a preset time or distance I will give it "the" effort.

Instead of running an hour I will set my timer to 12 mins, run from starting point to end point and stop timer. It's not the time or distance on their own, its the distance to a time ratio.

Andre
liam115

Post by liam115 »

ye im just gona keep plodding along i mean its only gona get easyier as i get healthier and faster with time

Training
Mark5

Post by Mark5 »

Liam,

Maybe you could see your "difficulty" as a venture.

You have potentially "extra time" to get fit.

Perhaps don't go running for an hour at a time.

Start with 15 minutes. (Or 10 at least)

Or alternatively go by distance. Use maps to work out distance and there you go.