Share This Page:

ADSC Fitness Question

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
liam115

ADSC Fitness Question

Post by liam115 »

ok sorry to be asking so may questions but i would like to know if i have to do a serten amount of pushups and pullups you need to do because at the min im not to worried about the jerry cans or the situps and even the strenth test but i cant seem to do more than 10 pressups and i tryed to do some pullups the other day and it just wasnt happening i couldnt even do 1.
so if i did crap on the pushups and the pullups will i have a chance of passing or will i fail the ADSC (assuming i passed on everythink els)
i plan on going in as an armourer i dont know if that makes a diffrence.
application form : done
BARB test : passed
Medical : passed

Training
Fitness : getting better
Run time: 11:02 (needs to be 10)
skidloaf

Post by skidloaf »

I'm sure nobody minds anyone asking lots of questions but you should try searching for the answers yourself first. There must be a hundred posts around here about pressups and situps at ADSC.
Simple answer here is: you don't have to do any situps or pressups at ADSC. You will however have to do them when you start basic so you should still work at them.
B.A.R.B: 86
Interviews: Passed
ADSC: Passed
Intake: January 10th 2010 :D
liam115

Post by liam115 »

ok thanks for that i did look in the search bar and i didnt see anythink that toled me if it was a pass or a fail its just i found somethink on yahoo answers that said i needed to do "pressups 44 to pass"

Training
skidloaf

Post by skidloaf »

To be fair I thought that before I went but take my word for it. The only time over the weekend when we had to do any pushups was after the 2.4km run and that was only as a punishment for people talking. That was a s a whole group though, not individual. There were some guys who couldnt keep up and nothing was said, it was kind of a laugh to be fair.
Keep working on your push/situps though as I think you have to be able to do the 40-50 when you start phase 1.
liam115

Post by liam115 »

ok thanks for that hopefully ill be able to do them by the time i start basic

Training
royals

Post by royals »

Hello mate , to add to some answers that had already bn thrown in . The Army requires every new recuit to be able to do:
Age- 17-25 ( minimums :44 press ups , 50 push ups , 3 proper pull ups, 1.5 mile run under 14 minutes for the male
Age 26-33 will be less in some cases or same as above. This is to make sure that the Applicant have got 90 % of passing phase one training.
People that fail in life are those that didn't realise how close they were to their success when they gave-up...
skidloaf

Post by skidloaf »

royals wrote:Hello mate , to add to some answers that had already bn thrown in . The Army requires every new recuit to be able to do:
Age- 17-25 ( minimums :44 press ups , 50 push ups , 3 proper pull ups, 1.5 mile run under 14 minutes for the male
Age 26-33 will be less in some cases or same as above. This is to make sure that the Applicant have got 90 % of passing phase one training.
Are press ups and push ups not the same thing? You meant sit ups I know, I'm just being anal.
royals

not push up but sit up...thanks

Post by royals »

sorry for my mistake, i mnt ''sit ups '' push up is same as press up
People that fail in life are those that didn't realise how close they were to their success when they gave-up...
liam115

Post by liam115 »

so i dont need to be able to do them but they recommend it?

Training
royals

Post by royals »

ADSC test doesn't include prs up and st up but you must do it with other stuff during phase one training . Better to train hard then complaining of PFT instructor treating u bad or whatever.
skidloaf

Post by skidloaf »

in short:
You don't need them for ADSC. You do need them for Phase 1.