Share This Page:

1.5mile Newbie need help!

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
p2009s

Post by p2009s »

liam115 wrote:i hate wearing them they get so damed hot and uncomfortable (i used to wear them in fire cadets
Your down to 13.28 already that's good boy, and btw i've been told by my recruiter situps and press ups are only best effort but the 1.5mile run and the jerry can excercise we must pass to get through!!
AstonJake

Post by AstonJake »

p2009s wrote:
liam115 wrote:i hate wearing them they get so damed hot and uncomfortable (i used to wear them in fire cadets
Your down to 13.28 already that's good boy, and btw i've been told by my recruiter situps and press ups are only best effort but the 1.5mile run and the jerry can excercise we must pass to get through!!
My brother passed ADSC last week, he said you don't even do sit-ups or push-ups. This was at Lichfield though, maybe it's different at the other places.
liam115

Post by liam115 »

hopefully by next week it will be able to get my time to 12-13mins
application form : done
BARB test : passed
Medical : passed

Training
Fitness : getting better
Run time: 11:02 (needs to be 10)
p2009s

Post by p2009s »

liam115 wrote:hopefully by next week it will be able to get my time to 12-13mins
Liam115 i dont understand why you keep on saying you "try pulling 18.5 stones" okay i am half your weight but point to note i am only 5ft 9" and I can steadily do 10 pullups and around 30 pushups on 2 mins... weight is not a problem for you becuause your tall enough to carry that weight.. trust me brother if you try you can do it! your 1.5mile run i can see it geting better every post... tell me are you failing to try or trying to fail?
liam115

Post by liam115 »

o no im trying but i cant physically lift my own weight i dont have much upperbody strength or should i say i dont have enough upperbody strength to do any pullups and at the moment im trying to get my run time down the way im managing to get it down is doing 3mins run 30sec walk and increasing my run by 1min each week slowly building up my stamina untill i can keep neerly a constant speed all the way and i think its dam good since at the beggining of september i couldnt even jog to work without being compleatly out of breath and thats only about 3mins walk from my house.
BARB test : passed
Medical : passed

Training
Fitness : getting better
Run time: 11:02 (needs to be 10)
Tab

Post by Tab »

It will come if you keep working at it, try all sorts of exercises like swimming and cycling apart from just running, it all helps you build stamina and makes a change from just jogging around.
p2009s

Treadmill run

Post by p2009s »

Did a run on the treadmill that was delivered this morning...it took a hefty effort getting it up the stairs, man it was just too heavy!!!

btw i did 2 separate runs first run i managed to do 2.2KM in 13MINS 42 SECS. second run 2KM in 9MINS 59 SECS... I want to do better but my machine only allows me to do 12KMH MAX SPEED so it means the best i can do 2.4km is in 12mins... now i cant get to my target of 10.30mins-11mins!!

Any tips on what i can do to improve? btw i dont wear trainers i just wear socks is this an disadvantage?

Guys do you think maybe doing 3kms in 15 mins help?
waynepe

Post by waynepe »

yes long distance running will help you massively, and wear running shoes, then you will find it easier when you go and do road running as well. try 5km runs every other day and then do a timed 2.4km road running session.
BARB test : passed 82
Medical : Broke my wrist so 12 months wait before reapply.
Billboard

Post by Billboard »

I cant see why you bought a treadmill? You must feel stupid now especially its so slow. Get out on the road for Fcuk sake more resistance and real feel of what your gonna need to do. Better to get used to it sooner than later also time your run on treadmill then road i bet you'll see a diffrence. Not in your favour. :) :)