Share This Page:

Bit of a Pi55er

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
wllcr

Bit of a Pi55er

Post by wllcr »

Okay so why do all the careers that i find really interesting always seem to not give very much when you leave the forces.

I mean if you are an electrician you get a trade and stuff when you get out...

but what do Infantry or Tankies get out of Army life....except the best life ever..... i mean what do they get on paper. I reckon 20 years of amazing military life to become a pizza delivery driveer would be enough to tip me over the edge?

I am quite un educated in this as you can no doubt tell....so please.... Educate Me !!!

cheers
tom163

Post by tom163 »

During your time in the Army which ever part you go there are many qualifications that can be achived.

Yes there are some parts like REME etc were you get more qualifications but you could transfer to a regiment like that before leaving the army to get a qualification if you really wanted.

If you joined the RAC you would get qualifications in mechanics, IT and so on.

Even if you come out with nothing there are still alot of jobs going were your service in the Army will become a big plus.....Police, Fireman, Paramedic (depending on army quals), security and many more.

Oh and two notes the army is at something like 97.5% strength so alot of regiments and corps have stopped recruiting for a while so check with your recruiter.

Also only refer to 1 & 2 RTR as tankies, all the others in the RAC who call themselves tankies are not ;) yes they work with tanks but its a RTR name origionally.
Tab

Post by Tab »

Life old friend is what you make of it....Now when I left the Army I wound up in several management jobs and I think i had a good life. Our O/C went into Politics and wound as minister of Defence. Our Company Clerk set up his own business and became a multi millionaire. Now I of the 120 men in our Company they have nearly all done well for them selfs. I could list what a lot of them have done but I don't fancy writing a book about it. What was in by the way Well I was Paratrooper and a fully fledged private for my service. The only person that help you when you come out is your self and remember that what you have done in the past is in the past
Leyton1990

Post by Leyton1990 »

In the Infantry you get an NVQ in Public Services.