Share This Page:

parachute reg discharge

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
colina

parachute reg discharge

Post by colina »

my son has recently been discharged from the parachute regiment for fighting,and car offences .obviously devestated for him and me.he regrets his stupidity unfortunatly too late now.does anyone know whether there is an appeal process,i do not know how the discharge was worded i believe it may be "services no longer reqd".not dishonarable discharge.he is desperate to make amends...any hope ?
gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

Was he in a battalion or was he just in training?
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
("If you want peace, prepare for war!")

ADSC: Passed 07/07/09
Depot PARA: 18/10/09
colina

Post by colina »

he has been stationed in colchester in the batallion for the last 12 months ,and was discharged beginning of the week..
gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

I'm not too sure then, sorry. I did know someone who got dis charged from training with something similar, and after a year they let him re apply when he sorted out his convictions and stuff. There are a couple of blokes on here that are in the Para's, so they might have a better idea.

Would think there may be some hope though, especially if he is not too old! :wink:
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
("If you want peace, prepare for war!")

ADSC: Passed 07/07/09
Depot PARA: 18/10/09
colina

Post by colina »

thanks anyway .he is 18
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

bit odd 'for fighting'???
what do you mean by car offences? Im sure you and your son would agree bit daft getting in bother like that when in battalion. Any serious crime via civvy street is double wham bammed when in and serving!
'Every man an Emperor'
colina

Post by colina »

fair answer ,cant condone his stupidity all too late now im afraid.however my initial request was whether there is an appeal process .i suspect probably not,but thanks for your input
mm1306

Post by mm1306 »

Unforunately your son has picked the wrong time to get in trouble, the heirarchy have decided since recruiting has gone up it would obviously be a brilliant idea to chuck people out for the slightest infraction, new policy is 100 hours community service=discharge, interesting when there are ncos who've had over 200 hours!!!
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

mm1306 wrote:Unforunately your son has picked the wrong time to get in trouble, the heirarchy have decided since recruiting has gone up it would obviously be a brilliant idea to chuck people out for the slightest infraction, new policy is 100 hours community service=discharge, interesting when there are ncos who've had over 200 hours!!!
What a totally stupid thing to say!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It has nothing to do with recruiting being high, If this guy has been SNLR then there will be a good reason for it.
Fighting and car offences is pretty vagued? I have had plenty of fights in my time, and have never even been close to that.
I guessing this guy has possible put someone in hospital in a serious way.
As for car offences, speeding certainly wont get you thrown out??? If its an offence in Civvy St that means prison time then he would be thrown out.

Is there an appeal process??? Yes there is and before her son was thrown out it would have been explained to him

There is more to this than just fighting and a car offence Trust me
SandyTheGuvnor

Post by SandyTheGuvnor »

MSI64 wrote:There is more to this than just fighting and a car offence Trust me
My thoughts exactly.
Things you feel like doing after being hit in the liver :
-Vomitting
-Suffocating
-Shitting yourself
-Passing out
-Crying for your mummy
-Stop taking part in any kind of violent sport.......
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

After a little searching on Google it apears there is no apeal against SNLR,
This will also apply to trying to join any other service.

Its a big No, to be SNLR the offence(s) have to be very very serious or a the soldier is in trouble for the same offences over and over.
Last edited by MSI64 on Sun 26 Jul, 2009 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tab

Post by Tab »

This would not have been a spur of the moment thing by the Regiment and I would have thought that he would have had a number of warnings about his problems. Now you have to be right waste of space to be thrown out of the Regiment once you have been trained, now it costs a fortune to train a paratrooper and they wont throw that away on a whim
colina

Post by colina »

first off ,my son is just 18 y/old and was one of only 13 original recruits out of 55 entrants, and youngest to pass out at catterick and gain his wings a short time later,Was wondering whether you could have lasted the training .the fact is he f@#k up with repeated scrapping and yes he had many warnings, the unfortunate thing with the regiment is they train you to be a fighting machine and expect you to act like a choir boy when you go out ,Being so young may have contributed to that.He has now unfortunatly learned a hard lesson in life.thanks for your opinion but dont be so eager to judge people you dont know.personally i am very proud of what he has achieved in his 18 months with the regiment and it is unfortunate it has ended like this,but at least he can say he wore the maroon beret and NOBODY can take that away from him.HE IS NO WASTE OF SPACE regards everyone and thanks for all comments good and bad.stay safe everyone . colin
Last edited by colina on Sun 26 Jul, 2009 12:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

So we still dont know what he did????

I smell something fishy,you have had to do something major to get thrown out its that simple
I realize your proud of your son but please dont thrown around phrases like I wonder if you would have lasted??

you came on for advice and gave little info
you admit yourself he has been in trouble a lot and thats obviously why the army doesnt want him.
Well done for passing P company but he still messed up badly
Tab

Post by Tab »

I had my wings at 18 so that is not unusual, aggression is fine but it must be controlled. If he is throwing punches every time his teddy falls out the pram then it is only going to be a matter of time before he lands in trouble big time. He had been warned as you say on a number of occasions, and probably spent time on Jankers over it. So after all that why did he not heed what he was being told. It would appear from the Regiment that he is out of control so they have dropped him as the easy option. The other thing that could happen is that he gives a civvy a good hiding one day and either kills him or seriously injures him, then like you his defense will be that this is how the Paras have trained him to behave, and they will be blamed for not taking action to control him.