Share This Page:

Wounderin if you can help......

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
Damien121

Wounderin if you can help......

Post by Damien121 »

Well what it is, im on my 2 interviews ive got shoes black tousers and a smart shirt would that be good enuff for the interviews.
im no where fit enuff at running 1.5 miles but have i got enuff time to train seeing as i got interviews then selection to wait for.
ive been running everyday on tredmill for 15 mins and going out for runs 5am in morning when i havent got rugby.
i reli hope i get in because this is the job i wanna do and ill be joinin the RIFLES =]
bataz

Post by bataz »

Wear a tie when you go for interviews.

What is your current 1.5 mile time? You will need to know this for your interviews.
Dont bother with treadmill, keep on the roads.
Application - Done.
BARB - Passed.
Basic Skills - Passed.
Written Medical - Cleared.
Interview - Passed.
ADSC - 19/05/09 - Passed.
Chosen Man - 08/06/09.

ITC Catterick - 23rd August.

Chosen Regiment - The Rifles.
Damien121

Post by Damien121 »

im not sure, about 6 months ago it was like 13 mins what was reli bad. but ive lost alot of weight and got alot fitter so im hoping i can do better.
he said i got go attend a morning at a barroks doing 1.5mile run. so i would know my time then?? becuase im not sure what it is and i duno how to measure it where i live :/
JunkBox

Post by JunkBox »

http://www.mapmyrun.com/

stick your post code in their, mark out 1.5 miles, start the stop watch on your phone, and run! easy as a sunday morning!
HRH

Post by HRH »

get someone with a car to measure out 1.5 miles along a road (with a pavement :))
get urself a stopwatch and time yourself every week

or get a pedometer mine is only from boots, tells you distance, time, calorie burn etc..

the pre-ADSC youve been asked to go to is great, you get a good indication of how much you need to improve ur fitness, and can go as many times as u want so that you can be sure youre fit enough and ready enough for the real ADSC
BARB - 78
ADSC - Passed
Job - Combat Medic
ATR Pirbright - 15.03.10
Damien121

Post by Damien121 »

yeah ive been there befor it was mint.
yeah ill try out that website thanks! i reli hope i pass the selection. im worried about my eye sight i need glasses for pc and watching tv would that effect my medical
Damien121

Post by Damien121 »

ive mapped it out ima run that once a week see how fast my times and that change thanks for the website
gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

Damien121 wrote: im worried about my eye sight i need glasses for pc and watching tv would that effect my medical
No mate, all you need is an opticians report and your glasses at ADSC. You'll get told all that anyway, so don't worry! :D
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
("If you want peace, prepare for war!")

ADSC: Passed 07/07/09
Depot PARA: 18/10/09
Damien121

Post by Damien121 »

o thats ok then :D
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

Damien - work on your spelling, it's dreadful!
There's a Sticky on one of the main threads about standards...
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
Damien121

Post by Damien121 »

Ok, i am sorry. I will spend more time on my post's. I take proteine shakes should i stop taking them to try and get my run time down or doesn't it matter. Because proteine helps muscle build but im not sure :/ Help! please
Dixie66

Post by Dixie66 »

A good way to get your run time down is run every other day 1.5miles best effort. I do 1.5 miles every other day and usually circuit training the days in between.
Application - Done
BARB - 68 Passed
Basic Skills Test - Passed
Medical Forms - Cleared (eventually!)
ADSC Passed- 25/08/09
INT Corps Selection - Feb 2010
Chosen Jobs- #1 Operator Military Intelligence (Int Corps) / #2 Royal Corps of Signals
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

Personally I would forget about the protein shakes and concentrate on the exercise. Interval training, hill sprints, and don't forget a rest day! There are some good exercise programmes that people have posted before on here, but you might have to do a bit of searching.
Good luck!
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
adamb

Post by adamb »

If your going for Infantry/Para then dont bother running 1.5 or taking protein shakes. When you get to Catterick alot will be expected from you from Week 2+, Week 1 is awfully boring medicals, paperwork ETC. Then you do your First fitness test, 1.5mile run max pressups max situps. Dont be fooled about the 1.5mile run, you do 3miles. Run the route to get familiar then run it best effort. PTI's arent humerous, they will beast you for no reason, even if you do right you will get beasted for being cocky. You will be eating 4 times a day, breakfast (either cereal or eggs,bacon,sausages,toast etc etc), Lunch (best meal of the day, best food), Dinner( Awful, but you get a nice pudding) and your HATS (HIGH ACTIVITY TRAINING SUPPLEMENT), usually a Nutrigrain bar; apple, orange juice.

Dont fuss with food because you dont get much of a choice, if your going Paras/Guards/Ghurkas the food is a million times better than your regulars Queens Div/Kings Div/Welsh/Scots etc. Training is not easy :) but is rewarding if its your kinda thing.
Damien121

Post by Damien121 »

thanks man helped me alot, these forums has helped me alot. I've got my 1st interview tormorrow hope it goes good i reali do.
Going For ADSC 16 SEP 2009