Share This Page:

injury

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
armywife

injury

Post by armywife »

my partner is in week 11 of basic training and he has an injury to his knee he was given an mri scan and its an acute cruciate injury the doctor said it will need surgery and he may get medically discharged and arranged for him to see another doctor but he did not attend he says he does not want to get bad news. will he definitetly get discharged how long would that take and can he reapply. i am worried about him carrying on and making himself worse he is training in the infantry?
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

A joint problem in the army isn't something the army will take lightly, the doctors at ITC know their stuff, and their in fact civilian doctors so seeing another doctor will not change a thing, If it is bad news he has a high chance of not being M.D'd for that particular problem instead He could be put in the 'Williams block' or 'Hook' company, their both places where recruits with long term injury's go, it saves them having to leave and come back, they continue from the week they injured them selfs on completion of the rehab course they will undertake.

I think his course would be a long one because of his injury.
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.