Share This Page:

Routes to get into the specilisation of diving?

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
bobhope

Routes to get into the specilisation of diving?

Post by bobhope »

I would like any kind of information regarding how i could become a diver in the army? I am aware that the Royal Engineers have there own army divers, but would like to know which is the best career path within the Royal Engineers to achieve this, i.e which is the best career in the royal engineers to do this?
I have experience of diving, and feel that i could bring this to my army career later on if given the chance.
I am not trying to byte of more than i can chew by asking this, i am just trying to look at different aspects of jobs within the royal engineers before i make decisions and goals for my future. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.
Daggers

Post by Daggers »

Royal Armoured Corps ?
B.A.R.B - 72
ADSC - Passed
Intake- Sep 06
Joining
Parachute Regiment
dom18uk

Post by dom18uk »

HELLO, I ALSO WOULD LIKE TO GET INTO DIVING AFTER FEW YEARS, JUST WAITING MY DATE TO START TRAINING AT BASSINGBOURNE
BARB-62
ADSC-PASSED
DATE UNKNOWN
Hands on

Post by Hands on »

It Is possible In the RLC as a driver to get every licence there Is.

I do apologise I had, had a few :drinking: and read your post as driver not diver :roll:

As Tab said your best bet would be the Navy, I have a friend going through this at the moment.
Last edited by Hands on on Fri 22 May, 2009 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tab

Post by Tab »

If you want to be a diver why not join the Navy
dom18uk

Post by dom18uk »

Tab wrote:If you want to be a diver why not join the Navy
As ive always wanted to join the army and i have choose my job but once i have done it for a few years wouldnt mind doing diving
BARB-62
ADSC-PASSED
DATE UNKNOWN
OrcinusOrca

Post by OrcinusOrca »

Would'nt the best route to get into diving be the quickest? So perhaps a shorter phase 3 trade would be ideal, something like ME Driver. I talked to an ex-royal engineer diving instructor about the process, sounds tough:

"Once you join the engineers you can apply to become a diver, and you will be sent on an aptitude test and if you pass that you will be sent on a basic diving course. I warn you now your fitness has to be second to none, it will be the most arduous and demanding course you will have ever done if you pass you then return to your unit as a basic diver wearing the diver’s badge. You also get extra money …yep that’s right more money . After a time you then can apply to do your advanced divers course and again your fitness better be top notch or forget it. Again if you pass, MORE Money. Later you can do a supervisors course and again MORE money…if you are good enough you can be selected to go to the school as an instructor…and that my friend is awesome…"