Share This Page:

selection april 28th and not fit enough

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
croker

Re: hey

Post by croker »

ShaShax wrote:Your upper body strengh will only count when your are doing the "can" run on the day u will do this up and down at a of total of 5 times do not drop it as you will fail . sit ups and press ups and pull ups iit's jst best effort .

Your 1.5 mile run it needs to be under 14 mins to pass .. depending on what u are going in for ... with the RAC u need be running below 13mins and 15 secs .

Plus you will have a team test .. make sure u are well heard speak clearly and make sure u get noticed ...

And dont forget they want you to pass.
have you been to selection mate ?
Barb - Passed
Medical - Passed
First Interview - Passed
Second Interview - Passed
ADSC - passed
Intake -?
partymarty1987

Post by partymarty1987 »

Theres No press ups or sit ups at selection anymore. Like Croker said you ever been to ADSC?
ShaShax

Post by ShaShax »

Yes Ive passed my selection we also had to go to bassingbourne before we went to the selection center .

Im now going into my phase 1 training August the 3rd at pirbright my training regiment number is 30092648 for who ever else is in the same training regiment as me.Im going as a special gunner observour i did't want to be your normal infantry guy i also wanted to kick you para's up the arse if i needed to ;).

depending on what they feel like on the day u will do .. as you u wil be spending 2 days there .

You have your medical on day one ...medical test consists of having a waz in a bottle . u will then sit down and wait for your number to be called out .. u will then go for eye test and wieght stuff .. also a hearing test and then u wil be examined by the doctor. and your grendade testing wich is not were throw a grandade or anything u wil just sit in a room and they will tell you about a grenade and then u will get a peace of paper with questions on wich u will have to complete ... that is also a pass or fail .

On that same day we did most of our fitness tests as well etc lifts .. pullups and the "Can" Fast walk .

And then the 2nd day we did our mile and half we also had a little jog up to it as well nothing bad .
rob-the-biffa

Post by rob-the-biffa »

hi just to add to this thread.

i have been training to become fit enough for selection(have application today) :D

is my level of fitness good enough to pass selection training though?

i am currently running 1.5 mile in 10.20 secs. 46pushups in 1.30secs, and 23pull ups in 1min. 35situps in 1 min.

i am utterly determined to build myself up enough to pass this.
what do you think? as when im running,doing situps,push up's and situp's i am thinking im going to get in. just keep going. and when im fully warmed up whilst doing the exercise's(feeling the burn) i find it become's easier to set myself a pace and nock the pace up slightly.
will i pass the upper body level fitness test's and running at the level i currently am at. and if i am giving 110%?

Rob :D
gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

rob-the-biffa wrote:i am currently running 1.5 mile in 10.20 secs. 46pushups in 1.30secs, and 23pull ups in 1min. 35situps in 1 min.
They are pretty good scores mate, but I would do the press up's and sit up's for "2" minutes, as that is how long the test is for. Would also try and get your run down to under 10 minutes, depending on what you want to do, obviously. :wink:

You sure your doing the correct technique for the pull up's though.... 23 in a minute? :-?
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
("If you want peace, prepare for war!")

ADSC: Passed 07/07/09
Depot PARA: 18/10/09
bataz

Post by bataz »

Do 2 minutes press ups & 2 minutes sit ups then go out and jog 800 metres to warm up then time yourself on the 1.5 mile (www.mapmyrun.com will help with marking the distance.) On other days do longer distance runs, 3 miles absolute minimum.

Also I agree with pull ups, 23 in a minute is a very high score, make sure you are lowering yourself fully and straightening your arms, if you are doing them like that already then fair play.
Application - Done.
BARB - Passed.
Basic Skills - Passed.
Written Medical - Cleared.
Interview - Passed.
ADSC - 19/05/09 - Passed.
Chosen Man - 08/06/09.

ITC Catterick - 23rd August.

Chosen Regiment - The Rifles.
rob-the-biffa

Post by rob-the-biffa »

so im doing well.... application with afco went well!! :P :P great!

Thanks bataz for the link! much appreciated!

Thanks a million!
Rob :D
-12/06/09- intrest form succesfully completed.
-17/06/09-application succesfully passed.
-25/-6/09-B.A.R.B. Test score:43:)

[img]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l103/boybiffa/Untitled-1-1.jpg[/img]