Share This Page:

Reccomend a Diet

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
adabhoy67

Reccomend a Diet

Post by adabhoy67 »

Im In My Third Week Of The Training Program, its not my first time working out but before my training was more intense and i was eating six times a day and it was usually always egss meat beans n protein shakes but this training is a little lighter as my old training wouldnt allow me to do much running especially within the time limit given so just wanna know if anyone can reccomend a good diet of foods and how much intake of those foods Per week and Per Day Thanks Guys
Dixie66

Post by Dixie66 »

My working hours are 6am to 2pm so my routine may differ to others but i have weetabix and toast before work. A sandwich half way through work. My job involves alot of walking as a postman so i eat a fair bit during the day with the added exercise.

After work i have a bowl of porridge, then 2 hrs or so later 3:30/4:30pm i have maybe a sandwich, or if not quite as hungry a banana and other fruit. Then i give it an hour or so before i do whatever exercise i am doing, then after that plenty of water and a normal dinner about 7/8pm. I have brown bread in my sandwich everytime and don't touch fizzy drinks and apart from homemade puddings (apple crumble....mmmm) don't really have cakes or biscuits.

On a rest day i don't have anything until porridge because that is brought forward.

I have not worked out the calories but must up to around 3,500. Pretty much all good food and keeps me going. porridge is superb for slow releasing energy and is bloody good for you. So breakfast is key, and i get three..almost!!

Hope this helps
adabhoy67

Post by adabhoy67 »

well when i was working out before. i would have bowl of porridge in the morning followed by a banana sandwich a protein bar and protein shake, then go to work have a break at half 10 and have another shake and bar. then back to work then lunch break about half 12 - 1ish and have two an apple and a banana home-made vegetable or chicken soup ham salad sandwiches and a litre of water and then get home have a protein shake and bar then go to gym for 2 hours sometimes more then come home have a good proper dinner usually pastas or meats proper ones from the butchers none of your freezer shit then drink a litre of water go for an ice bath or cold shower depending on how i felt then laze about then have porridge or weetabix a banana 2 handfuls of grapes.

But that was for 2 years and quite extreme as it was the only way to get as big as i am without steroids. and breaking from the routine is very hard as i fell literally f@#k when i dont eat that much so would like to kinda minimise my intake drastically but without losing energy and i dont know what peoples or the armys take on protein shakes n bars is
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

I done the bulk up weight training kinda diets with all the powders and proteins that you have to pay a lot of attention to to bulk up. im now into all round fitness and more wanting to be toned and supremely fit. iv adjusted my diet accordingly. how 'correct' it may be is another story but I find that it seems to be working as my cardio fitness is rocketing and I havnt really noticed too much a loss in strength when weight training. i find getting as much quality carbs down you before mid day lunch time then the rest of the day grazing on carb/mainly protein snacks or meals helps a lot. I favour the wholemeal pastas and cereals as apparently they are a better source of fuel for you workouts. Having said that after a weight session I'll troff anything,as according to various articles i have read that is the best time to do so. On run nights the meal I will have after a run will be protein based and for me this normally means a big slab of Salmon as I love the stuff, the only carbs I'll have will be anything green. i.e Broccoli. In general, as a summary I'd consume most of my carbs earlier on in the day and try to phase them out before 8 - 9pm - but as the day goes on I increase my protein content.
'Every man an Emperor'
Trev1

Post by Trev1 »

What would be a good diet for fat burning lads? as Ive to lose a few KG's like.
OrcinusOrca

Post by OrcinusOrca »

Losing fat/ weight:

The basics:

1.Smaller meals more often
2.Lots of water
3.Avoid eating close to bed time (within 2 hours)
4.Early morning runs (cardio not trips to the toilet)
5.High protein/ lower your carbs (but becareful with constipation, make sure you keep your fibre high)
6. Avoid high saturated fat/ high sugars

Obviously you're going to need carbs before exercise (although it is believed that you burn fat better if you run on an empty stomach), carbs definitely aren't bad so don't avoid them completely. Cardio keeps your metabolism high during the rest of the day, on days off you could try drinking green tea to keep your metabolism high. I lost 10kgs using the above.
Trev1

Post by Trev1 »

Cheers mate.
_Mark_

Post by _Mark_ »

4 Battered Cadbury's cream eggs and 2 cans of Red Bull will set you up for the day
:lol:

Creatine is a good supplement to take whilst training, but check with your doctor, because it some peoples kidneys dont like the stuff.
Tab

Post by Tab »

We were only to happy to get some thing to eat redardless of what it was
_Mark_

Post by _Mark_ »

Tab wrote:We were only to happy to get some thing to eat redardless of what it was
I have a cream egg left if you want it??