Share This Page:

got arrested

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

The guy wants to join the Army and the night before he goes into the Careers office

A. Goes out and gets pissed

B. Gets into a fight with a security guard

C. Smashes a shop window

And we are supposed to say hey its just a minor mistake dont worry
Either he didnt take his application seriously or Its a usual night out for this guy???
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

check out the content of his message. I wasnt having a go at him, merely forewarning of what to expect if he keeps it up. Lots of 'dunnos' sprinkled about over something quite serious. He just sounded clueless and in my opinion didnt care. You have a point about I cant talk due to me being there twice. A fair point. however you dont know the full story behind my case but i can assure you I wasnt pissed up without a clue smashing through windows to get at a security bloke. I dont feel the need to justify though.
true, violence doesnt solve anything however MAXIMUM F*CKIN VIOLENCE DOES! :roll:
ok if not co-op maybe underneath the railway bridge with us old folk eh mate?
'Every man an Emperor'
adabhoy67

Post by adabhoy67 »

MSI64 wrote:So you got drunk smashed a window and attacked a security guard?????

Fantastic start to an army career?????

You are a prize prat, Why was the security guard attacked??? was he trying to throw you out for gobbing off? Why was the window smashed???
And you claim you dont know what you were arrested for???
the police would of told you when arrested and it will be on the paperwork.

You sound like an admin nightmare already and I have a hunch its not the first time or the last
thats were yer wrong. its my first arrest ever mate and i cant remember what the charge was as i was so out of it. and i attacked the little prick for calling my pal a paki bastard and tryin to throw him out the shop n the window got smashed cos i threw the little racist f@#k into it.
adabhoy67

Post by adabhoy67 »

MSI64 wrote:The guy wants to join the Army and the night before he goes into the Careers office

A. Goes out and gets pissed

B. Gets into a fight with a security guard

C. Smashes a shop window

And we are supposed to say hey its just a minor mistake dont worry
Either he didnt take his application seriously or Its a usual night out for this guy???
it wasnt the night before today is the night before n tht happened the other week
Dawber

Post by Dawber »

there just being over the top about it all mate thats all dont take it to heart, simply because i really dont lol
BARB - Passed
Basic Skills - Complete
Reg Choice - The Duke Of Lancaster's
Role - Infantry
Scouse_liam

Post by Scouse_liam »

Gunner isnt having a go and then saying he has done the same! What he is saying is he new he done wrong and new what he was being charged for. He has obviouslt learnt from his mistakes and had sorted his act out. But soft arse come on here and tryed to act big and started sayen he dosnt know what hes been charged for!! I have been out and got in to a bit of bother with other lads and that, but dont act like a nugget smashing windows and fronting security guards!!
BE A w@#k OR A PARATROOPER."
2 PARA
fodd

Post by fodd »

All as I will say is good luck getting in mate when you eventualy get into training you'll realise the worlds a big place and smashing subway windows wont get you far and smacking security guards you need to learn self restarint :wink:
ex nod was diagnosed with chronic compartment syndrome rejoining eventually.

currently in australia as im traveling the world before i rejoin the marines.

One Man One Life One Chance.
Darren82

Post by Darren82 »

At least you acknowledged you were a twat, not much else you can do but grovel like mad and hope for the best

Maybe screw the nut next time, if there is a next time!
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

Please tell me Barrhead isnt near London!!!!!

So it appears you can remember why the fight started????? but cant remember the charge given to you by the police and you cant read the charge sheet you were given?? (if you were that drunk the police would have told you the charge in the morning too when your sober)
You threw the security guard through the window???? either a small security guard or your massive???? A sober security guard calls your mate a Paki???
Lots and lots of I dont think so in your story!!!!
Im guessing your were gobbing off outside/inside Subway security guard asked you to leave, you kicked off and probably fell through the window.
Check your charge sheet and tell us what it says!!!

So far we have

Assault/ aggrevated damage/drunk and disorderly/affray
We can be choosy in these times of recession and I hope your recruiter is very very choosy.
16 years in the Army tells me your telling only your side of the story
gt1980

Post by gt1980 »

I don't see why people say 'Oh don't worry about it, we've all done it' in such a blahzay manner.

Whenever I go out and get drunk i certainly don't become violent and i think people merely use drink as an excuse to make there stupid neandethol actions acceptable.
I'm not in the forces yet but have experience in the police force (meaning i'm squeaky clean criminal record wise), I would imagine that the police is similar to the army in which there is a huge amount of control/restraint required and when any degree of force is required it has to be delivered in a controlled manner.
If you were as drunk as you say you were, yes you would have been told of the charges and maybe even cautioned for the second time when you were sober. No doubt that you would have spent the night in the cell for at least 'drunk n disorderly'.
I don't see why people think they should join the army cos they can be violent or whatever, the army is not about violence, as before all this iraq/afghan started the main roles were peacekeeping missions which i'm sure compassion and empathy is required.
Maybe you should think about the foreign legion.

I'm not having a rant nor having a go but i don't think it's acceptable to start fights, especially whilst an application for the army is in process, to me it shows a lack of commitment to the cause. I applied for the army around 10 years ago and hated the boss in my old job and one day he wound me up to the point where i almost cracked him round the head with a bead breaker (tyre fitting tool) but the one thing that stopped me was my application so i had to walk out the workshop and get a few big lung fulls of air to calm down.
My advice for you for the future is 'think before you act, every action has a reaction'
I hope the application goes well for you and you learn from your mistakes as that is the most important thing. :wink:
BARB: PASSED; 76
BASIC SKILLS: PASSED
Interview 1: PASSED 04/03/09
Interview 2: waiting
Wanting to join the Royal Artillery as Gunner UAV Operator.
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

If you know you can't control your behaviour when you get drunk, don't drink. It's that simple.
Anyone who does something stupid and gets themself arrested is an idiot, particularly when they're planning on applying for the military. We don't want to have to work alongside people like that...

It's your reaction that's annoyed people as much as what you did. You need to hold your hands up, take some responsibility and make a plan so you don't get into a situation like it again.
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
wannabe_rock

Re: got arrested

Post by wannabe_rock »

adabhoy67 wrote:i got arrested the other week for f@#k knows what was pissed. i smashed a subway window whilst tryin to attack their security guard but i dunno what my charge was, its my first ever charge and not heard from the P.F yet so dunno the outcome, any way i go to the army careers office tomorrow n what do u think will happen thru this will it delay things til it gets sorted? im paranoid as f@#k as this is the 2nd time ive went to join and the first time my asthma f@#k it up so now thats cleared i go n do this like a right twat.
Theres a lot of comments on here with not a lot of pracical help, so I'll try and help you.

You should know what you have been charged with, when the police release you you are told, read the charge, invited to sign the charge sheet and given a copy of it. The police wont release you if you are drunk because you need to be sober to be given your rights, interviewed and charged.

Where you interviewed? If not I'd suggest you weren't "charged" but given a fixed penalty for Section 5 or D&D. If you were interviewed the charge will depend on the interviewing skills of the officer(s). From what you have said I wouldn' be suprised if with a good interviewer you are charged with affray. You may be "lucky" and just get charged with a crim dam to the window, if the security staff haven't given a statement.

My advice to you would be find your charge sheet. If you can't, phone the custody suite you went to and ask them what you were charged with. Your court date is on your charge sheet so if you don't make efforts to find it or speak to the police you will obviously miss your court date, and a warrant for your arrest will be issued. You will then be even less likely to succeed in an application for the army!

Once you know what you have been charged with and your court date tell the AFCO, if you were lucky and just got an £80 penalty notice pay it ASAP and declare it on your application.
"It is easier and more effective to destroy the enemy's aerial power by destroying his nests and eggs on the ground than to hunt his flying birds in the air." - General Giulio Douhet

Some Of The Best RAF Fighters Operate On The Ground!
adabhoy67

Post by adabhoy67 »

appreciate the help lads even if some was a bit o.t.t. but got my letter from the pf today n got a £75 fine for property damages never got the aggravated assault affray or nuffin like tht. and i was took in to the police station tht night and let out on the same night and when the incident happened i went back to the pub and was more drunk when i got arrested but thanks anyways lads. nae hard feelings a know most are just tryin 2 tell me to screw the nut but im no a loose cannon or anythin but racism n especially against my pals just tips me over the edge
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

good reply. live and learn then fella. good luck with your application.
'Every man an Emperor'
Doc

Post by Doc »

Adahboy, do you speak like you spell and smell like you write?

So you can remember the security guard calling your mate a paki and throwing him against the window but when the cops turned up in uniform with yellow jackets on etc and nicked you for assault and criminal damage, drunk and disorderly and being a mong contrary to section 48 of the anti mong code under common law, you cant now remember a thing as you were out of it?

Do you think the Army is for you? Or do you think with training you could have actually launched the guy through the window and have got the police to have charged him with leaving the scene of an accident?

Silly billy springs to mind.

Stay off the ale, stop beating up silly white folk and make love not war.