Share This Page:

BMI Test

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
Coxy14011993

BMI Test

Post by Coxy14011993 »

When they do your height and weight, does your BMI score have to be in the healthy zone between 18 - 25 or can you be a bit under or over? I got 26.8 will I have to lose some weight?
druadan

Post by druadan »

Not even sure why they bother mate, I'm not far off being 'overweight' at 5'8" and just over 80kg, and I'm one of the skinnier lads. BMI is for the average person, bear in mind that being an uber-fit potential soldier (well, we're in the Perce section, so we'll say 'reasonably' fit :wink:) a little extra weight is expected in terms of carrying a bit more muscle around. Don't worry about it, so long as you make the scores (in terms of performance) required you'll be fine.
kieran turner

Post by kieran turner »

I wouldn't unduly worry about your current BMI mate, it's only a loose guide for normal people.

My BMI is 26, I aren't particularly worried though as mentioned above generally I'm carrying a bit more muscle than your average person. You'll know yourself if you need to loose weight and anyway mate.
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

Couple of points either side is not so bad,but anymore could lead to you to being asked to lose some weight before continuing!
Jono 8192

Post by Jono 8192 »

Well I am 6ft and weigh 10stone 6 yeah not much (gaining weight all the time though) my BMI is 19.3 so technically that counts as 'normal' or 'healthy'
adamb

Post by adamb »

Im 5ft 8, 10 stone 3. BMI 21.68.

I think with your BMI being 26.8, its only slightly over they may mention it to you but to be honest i cant see it being a problem.