Share This Page:

Pen Knife

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
adamb

Pen Knife

Post by adamb »

Just going through my kit list and come across ' Pen knife - Blade No longer than 3 Inches Swiss Army Penknife acceptable & best '. Can't find a website anywhere that tells you the size of the Blade on a Multi - Tool/Swiss army knife and actually sells them to you. I see argos don't even sell them? I found one built into a lighter but i don't want a lighter lol. Anybody know any websites or any shops? Thanks.
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

Try any of the outdoors shops - Millets, Blacks etc. They'll have them in a display case near the till.
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
adamb

Post by adamb »

Yeah ill try that, may need to take a family member/parent with me as im only 17 lol most places are 18+ very few are 16+.
milleredgeside

Post by milleredgeside »

AdamB wrote:Yeah ill try that, may need to take a family member/parent with me as im only 17 lol most places are 18+ very few are 16+.
These days you dont really need an adult you can go in nearly any shop and buy a knife, i bought one when i was about 16 or something pal
Pain Is A Weakness Leaving The Body
OrcinusOrca

Post by OrcinusOrca »

Considering the amount of coverage knife crime gets in the media and the fact that if you sell one to someone under 18 its a 5 grand fine / 6 months in prison, I'm prepared to go out on a limb and say they'll ask you for ID.
adamb

Post by adamb »

I'll prob order one of the net, anybody know any good websites?
OrcinusOrca

Post by OrcinusOrca »

Have they said what functions you might need? You can get a cheapish victorinox or wenger (swiss army brands) at Heinnie.com.
adamb

Post by adamb »

Nope just says Swiss army acceptable and best, everywhere seems to say large blade & small blade though, pointless in buying one and the blade being 3.5"+. Ill try that website thanks mate.
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

Try shopping on google shopping or Amazon or maby Ebay, i had a look on some sites last night and you had to send in photos and answer allot of questions, absolutely crazy with the latest crazy of jibing people. I still need to buy allot of stuff at the moment.
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.
just_me

Post by just_me »

Go into a store like Millets ect as mentioned above and look at the knives. If you see one you like with the blade the size you're looking for, just note down the model ect and order it off the internet?
Stokey_14

Post by Stokey_14 »

I brought a swiss army knife years back (in primary school :o ) from millets so i don't think at 17 you should have much of a fuss getting one.

Apart from asking my grandad to sharpen the main blade once or twice its been brilliant.

I used to use it for all sorts as a kid when we where of up trees/playing army now it's used for punching extra holes in belts and getting into those damn plastic case things ear phones and such come in.

Top quality item and last for ever if looked after

Stokey
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

Any one know of a Swiss army knife that has a sharpening blade on it? or whats the best way to keep it sharp or sharpen it?
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.
just_me

Post by just_me »

Stokey_14 wrote:I brought a swiss army knife years back (in primary school :o ) from millets so i don't think at 17 you should have much of a fuss getting one.

Apart from asking my grandad to sharpen the main blade once or twice its been brilliant.

I used to use it for all sorts as a kid when we where of up trees/playing army now it's used for punching extra holes in belts and getting into those damn plastic case things ear phones and such come in.

Top quality item and last for ever if looked after

Stokey
Which model do you have if you know it please?
?Who Shot Terry Taliban?

Post by ?Who Shot Terry Taliban? »

RAF REGIMENT
Application: 11/07/08.
AST: 16/07/08 Pass.
Selection Interview: 01/08/08 Pass.
Health Assessment: 12/08/08 Fail.
adamb

Post by adamb »

Thing annoys me about websites like that your always spoilt for choice lol. Thanks for that good find.