Share This Page:

Supplements

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
Dawber

Supplements

Post by Dawber »

Anybody got any advice on supplements whilst training to get fit for the Army?

Dawber
Brisks

Post by Brisks »

I don't see why you would need supplements, normal foods should be more than enough. If you really feel the need to take anything, maybe whey protein, fish oil, protein shakes after workouts and vitamin pills? I don't know alot about supplements because I can't afford them.
MajorRageUK

Post by MajorRageUK »

Cheap multi-vits are better than nothing, especially if your meals don't vary or aren't as healthy as they should be. Fish oil is great for keeping your joints lubed up, so it's a good idea to take those while training to keep your knees in good shape. Other than that, nothing much else is needed. There's no point in bulking up with creatine or protein powder, best to build strength whilst staying lean. All I take are tesco multivits, calcium and vitamin D tablets and fish oil. Cheap as chips!
"As I walk through the valley of the Shadow of Death I have no fear because I am the meanest motherf***er in the whole valley." - Staff Sargeant from Jarhead.
OrcinusOrca

Post by OrcinusOrca »

Glucosamine and fish oil if you don't eat any oily fish, thats it. The supplement industry is ridiculous please don't encourage them to produce more crap.
Dawber

Post by Dawber »

Brisks wrote:I don't see why you would need supplements, normal foods should be more than enough. If you really feel the need to take anything, maybe whey protein, fish oil, protein shakes after workouts and vitamin pills? I don't know alot about supplements because I can't afford them.
its not that i need them its just i was wondering what would be good to take that would help me along with my trainng thats all i just want the best results
AJtothemax

Post by AJtothemax »

There's a lot on here already about supplements. Use the Search, if you fail to come up with anything then PM me ok.
AJ

"First with your head and then with your heart. Don't stop."
Dawber

Post by Dawber »

AJtothemax wrote:There's a lot on here already about supplements. Use the Search, if you fail to come up with anything then PM me ok.
Ok cheers mate i shall have a look i only posted this to get the answer exactly as i ask the question also didt know there was a search lol