Share This Page:

How long to wait?

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
Dawber

How long to wait?

Post by Dawber »

may be a a stupid question but was just wondering how long it takes to start basic training after you have passed your selection?

if someone could answer it would be really appreciated thanks

Dawber
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

depends on your job choice
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

Deppends on the intake dates, Phone you're closest ACIO (Army careers information office) and im sure they will help.

Im doing my Selection this thursday and friday and i will be in january 25ths intake if im lucky.
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.
adamb

Post by adamb »

Yeah it all depends on the job choice.
Dawber

Post by Dawber »

time to decide what i want to do then i think i am applying tommorow i have a few things in mind like so i should be ok lol

cheers anyway guys

Dawber
adamb

Post by adamb »

My application was not too long

Took 1 week for BARB date, a week after that basic skills, took 1 month 2 weeks for medical forms because doc was on holiday and couldn't be bothered (Usualy takes 2 weeks if your doc does them fast), 2 weeks after that my interview, 4 weeks after that my ADSC wich is thursday:) So from application took about 3 & 1/2 month :)If i pass i think basic intake 25th Jan so doesn't take too long.
Dawber

Post by Dawber »

yer not bad like but i have no job you see so i have no cash not sure whether to get one for the time being up until i go in or not.

what have you decided to go for job wise within the army?
milleredgeside

Post by milleredgeside »

Yeah i wanna know what happends after youve had your interview what happends after that?
Pain Is A Weakness Leaving The Body
adamb

Post by adamb »

I have no money myself either or a job but im only 17 so my parents are ok putting me up. Im going for infantry, you have to pick 3 job choices incase you dont meat the criteria for the first or there is no vacancies. First choice is infantry, second royal artillery and third is royal logistics corps driver.

Milleredgeside you usually have 1 interview then another interview with the sergeant major at the ACIO, usually everything is ok then you get booked an ADSC date:)
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

I've picked

Infantry
Paras
guards..

It took my application 2 months to go through completely (i made my docter fill it out infront of me)

After the formall interview at you're ACIO they should send you through details of youre ADSC course (Army development & Selection centre)

Me and Adam are about to take part in our ADSC at Lichfield Trent, so we can give you a rough idea of what it's like or you can ask other members from the forum, you won't join dirrectly from ADSC you will be given 15days to decided if the choice is right for you and then after that you will be sent a intake date (witch you can find out from you ACIO by phoning them) and then you will begin Phase one and be inlisted in to HMA and be a true soldier ;).

Best of luck, pic you'r choices wisely
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.
Cresswellx

Post by Cresswellx »

GOD YE FIND OUT THE WAITING TIME FIRST!!

I PICKED DENTAL CORPS AND I PASSED SELECTION ON THE 25TH MAY08 I AM GOING TO START MY BASIC ON THE 12TH JANUARY 09 AT PIRBRIGHT. NOT A HAPPY BUNNY
barb - Passed
Selection - Passed
Medical - Passed
Intake -12th january 09
Dawber

Post by Dawber »

Cresswellx wrote:GOD YE FIND OUT THE WAITING TIME FIRST!!

I PICKED DENTAL CORPS AND I PASSED SELECTION ON THE 25TH MAY08 I AM GOING TO START MY BASIC ON THE 12TH JANUARY 09 AT PIRBRIGHT. NOT A HAPPY BUNNY
thats horrible that mate very unlucky i must say good luck with that anyway :D

Dawber
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

Well it took me about 4 weeks to get from application to ADSC, and now my join date is 22nd FEB, i was going to do the 25th of Jan but my Recruiter gave me the choice of going then and training hard now, or going on the 22nd and training more and harder...

I chose the later.
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.
MajorRageUK

Post by MajorRageUK »

I find it interesting that you chose the Paras as your second choice after regular Infantry. What was the methodical approach behind that?
"As I walk through the valley of the Shadow of Death I have no fear because I am the meanest motherf***er in the whole valley." - Staff Sargeant from Jarhead.
milleredgeside

Post by milleredgeside »

AdamB wrote:I have no money myself either or a job but im only 17 so my parents are ok putting me up. Im going for infantry, you have to pick 3 job choices incase you dont meat the criteria for the first or there is no vacancies. First choice is infantry, second royal artillery and third is royal logistics corps driver.

Milleredgeside you usually have 1 interview then another interview with the sergeant major at the ACIO, usually everything is ok then you get booked an ADSC date:)
Ok pal thanks alot
Pain Is A Weakness Leaving The Body