Share This Page:

Reply From My Medical (Army)

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
adamb

Reply From My Medical (Army)

Post by adamb »

Got a letter saying my doctor has mentioned i have been to him about headaches so they sent me a form i had to fill it and it had things such as; how bad on a scale of 1/10, how frequent, when was the last time, are you on prescribed tablets, what tablets take the pain away etc.

I sent one back telling the truth obviously; 5/10, Not very frequent, last time was June 08, Not on prescribed tablets, Paracetomol takes the pain away. Does anyone think this will affect my chances of getting in the army? There just headaches like everyone else had; i only went to him to see if he would prescribe me with something stronger than paracetemol but he wouldn't and i only went to see him once.
UKRoberts

Post by UKRoberts »

i doubt it =]
Xbox Live Gamer-Tag: xIIxRoBeRtSxIIx

BARB Test - 63
Written Medical - Pass
Interviews - Pass
ADSC - 31st July (Pass)
Intake - 19th October
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but if the pain is only 5/10, they're not that frequent, and paracetamol makes them go away, why did you go and ask your doctor for something stronger?
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
adamb

Post by adamb »

Because once every 2 weeks or so i got a really bad headache that i had to sleep off. I think this was from dehydration as i was doing alot of excercise and not drinking half as much water as i should of been doing.
All he did was refuse anything stronger and sent me to an eye doctor, the eye doctor said nothing was wrong and that was the end of it. Just dont want it to effect my chances thats all. I now know it wont as i got my letter today saying i need to ring up to book my interview as my medical has gone through ok. Thanks 4 your response anyway :)