Share This Page:

Undercover soldier

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
jase25064342

Post by jase25064342 »

Think the documentry did nothing but harm for the Army, but thats the British press for you they love getting behind us e.g WE NEED TO GET OUR BOYS OUT OF IRAQ ect an all those kinda headlines, but first chance they get they just sh*t on us anyone remember the good old photos from pierse morgan.... lol well from my training and my time intructing down pirbright and harrogate I would say honestly I have never seen any kind of bullying at all, apart from between recruits which is normal for stress enviroment, but theres always a line as with the instructors and i think its when the punishment ur giving is intended to make them a better soldier thats good, but its when you start beasting recruits for your own pleasure that is bullying in my book..... but to all you future recruits dont be put off by programmes like that training is hard very hard at times (not as hard as in my day though lol) but most of you will be going straight to middle east after phase 2 an trust me you need to be ready.
Ria

Post by Ria »

just_me wrote: if there has to be an argument in public, at least create a new thread so this one doesn't have to be ruined.
As Jayne has already pointed out, you had no qualms about ruining a decent & interesting thread on ARRSE did you, with your nasty spiteful comments.
Suddenly, when things aren't going your way on here, you don't want this thread spoiled!

This argument has gone public for a reason. To SHAME you.
I'm not surprised you wanted to speak in private.

Do you really want me to start a thread on you?
Easily done, & I'm sure both myself & Jayne would have plenty to contribute to it.

Now crawl off back under your stone, little boy, & go back to what you do best.....arse-licking & copying moderators in an attempt to win their approval, & that of other influential people on here.
Ria

Post by Ria »

Ria wrote:

So you want to live in a country like China or Burma, where the public aren't allowed to know what goes on??

The Army shouldn't be a closed book, answerable only to themselves. The public has a right to know what goes on in training.I didn't think much of the docu, but I'm still glad we live in a country where we're allowed to report on such things.
I'll elaborate a bit on that to make it clearer.

I meant the public has a right to know what goes on in training re bullying. (ie. what went on at Deepcut. Tell the parents of those soldiers killed there that they have no right to know what happened to their kids.)

There are obviously many aspects to the training of our soldiers that shouldn't be made public for security reasons.
I wouldn't want to see classified info re training ending up in the wrong hands.
just_me

Post by just_me »

Ria, this is getting old very fast, and you haven't shamed me at all. Copy moderators - nope, I made MY point of view clear, as for arse-licking, that's your speciality not mine.
Spiteful comments - I think I posted twice, neither were spitfull or insulting, making now the thread has been deleted you can make up what I've said. Keep going with your 'insults' Ria, good effort but they fail to hit home.

When the public starts hearing about rare events in training, they'll will satrt getting opinions. When they get opinions they can push the goverment to change things in training. And when Joe Public gets a say in how military training is done is when standards are lowered dramatically.

Instructors are experienced at their job and should be left to get on with it. There may be one or two bad apples but they are sussed and dealt with. It's really no-one in the public's buisness what goes on in training because it affects them none. Anyone who goes into training does so of their free will and are welcome to leave if they like.
Ria

Post by Ria »

just_me wrote: Spiteful comments - I think I posted twice, neither were spitfull or insulting, making now the thread has been deleted you can make up what I've said. .

I have never "made up" what you said, nor have I ever said you were one of those that directly threatened me.
I have been very fair with you & would never "invent" something if it hadn't been said.
You posted 3 times & your comments were spiteful & insulting, & you also posted several links from Mfat.
As a direct result of what you wrote on ARRSE, I received 3 threatening PM's, which their admin quickly realised could get them in hot water, so they deleted my account.
At no time on ARRSE was I rude or abusive to you, or anyone else on there, over what was said to me, although I had a perfect right to be.

You think you are safe as the thread's been deleted?
WRONG, sunshine.
The deleted material is in the hands of the police.
But you'll be ok, as "inciting violence" is apparently a lesser crime than actual threats.

Mods, feel free to move this onto a new thread all about "Just-me", as this is what he has requested.
mozza

Post by mozza »

come on lads chill out i mean i know i dont know whats been said on the other fourm but lets just focus on the topic in hand... yeah? if you want to really carry on argueing about this do it start another post, or just forget about eachother and move on :wink: you've both had a good say about this...... so lets just move on!

Has this programe put anyone off joining the army??
just_me

Post by just_me »

Would you care to send me a transcript of my 3 'spitefull & insulting' posts please? Or at least give me an idea of what I wrote (doesn't have to be exact, don't worry) becasue I smell bullsh1t.
Note I won't reply anymore to this argument you're going to stir unless you bring something new to the table, and if you must then create a new thread.
mozza

Post by mozza »

sorry i said lads.... :roll:
dwarfy

Post by dwarfy »

Sandy The Guvnor wrote:
just_me wrote:
Ria wrote:The public has a right to know what goes on in training.
I disagree.
i agree with just_me here
A tough one, i think the public by nature of our country, has a right to see what goes on in training/military, however should they have the right to pass judgement on it? I dont think so, as really they have no idea what they are talking about. I remember when The Sun printed that cr** about the naked fighting going on at 42cdo, the infamous roll mat/katate kick incident, and many members of the public formed an amazing opinion on how disgraceful it all was. This was partly due to how the Sun reported it, (suggesting they were recruits, even though the Sun was fully aware at 40cdo they were fully trained lads), but Mr Joe public is often forced into an opinion that the paper wants to portray.

Whilst that incident might have been a big thing at a Woolworths head office xmas party, i doubt the lads at 42 paid it much attention at all and it would most likely have been forgotten about the next week if it hadnt been filmed and published. This is what annoys me, the public have no understanding of the mentality or the things that go on, and therefore have no idea what they are talking about. They dont realise that things like this (in the bigger picture of being in the forces) are either a non-events in the first place or are sorted and forgotten about pretty quickly.

So maybe it would be best if they just didnt see it in the first place?
Ria

Post by Ria »

flighty wrote:
just_me wrote: I didn't say it wasn't me, it was, but I can't rembember exactly what I said, it was a while back and I can't find the topic in question so I'm not going to comment on that.
Do you really think we are so stupid?

Yep, I'm afraid so.
He obviously thinks we are both stupid......... :roll:
Admits what he's done, yet still trying to squirm out of it.......... :-?

Right, I've had my say, & this goon doesn't want to comment further, so fine by me.
Ria

Post by Ria »

dwarfy wrote: I remember when The Sun printed that cr** about the naked fighting going on at 42cdo, the infamous roll mat/katate kick incident, and many members of the public formed an amazing opinion on how disgraceful it all was.

:o :o :o
How fabulous......I missed that one.......
Pictures please. :P
No complaints from this member of the public on that one....... :lol: :lol:
sterion66

Post by sterion66 »

*Sigh* Getting very bored of all the bitching, no-one else actually cares? so just pm each other. As for the public knowing what goes on in training etc.. well we aren't privvy to so much information that does go on, the government just likes to make you think they tell you stuff. Why should the army be any different? The less known the better really otherwise people will exploit flaws. You can't attack something you know nothing about.

One last thing, if this makes absolutely no sense i apologise, lack of sleep makes me dribble(not physically)

Mike
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

Did anyone see Newswatch when they discussed the programme?
The BBC declined to send anyone to join in...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/newsid ... ue&bbcws=2
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
bpt

Post by bpt »

Ria f**k off you silly arl bint, army training has got nothing to do with the public especially infantry training with a woman. You really come across as someone who wishes they were born a man, You know if you save enough money your dream can come true.

http://www.kliniksanssouci.de/en/sex_re ... pe=adwords