Share This Page:

ADSC Discussions

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
Brax

Re: ADSC Discussions

Post by Brax »

Anyone been to ADSC lichfield?
EchoOne

Post by EchoOne »

You too. I'm 22 so i'm hoping i'm not gunna be the only 'older' person going in :oops:
EchoOne

Post by EchoOne »

Well today I went to Aintree Barracks and collected my pre selection paperwork and timetable. Looks to be a busy day and I was wrong about having to do sit ups/press ups on pre selection as it just states heaves, jerry can and the run. Bit nervous now. Got 2 weeks to tweak my fitness. Reducing caleries further and a run every other day with heaves daily. The incoming snow and ice isn't going to be help at all. If worst comes to the worst we have a treadmill in the garage but it isn't the same!
EchoOne

Post by EchoOne »

Havn't posted for a while...

Passed pre selection and passed final interview. Have selection on 15th April. Time is flying by
Amy D

Post by Amy D »

Any information would be appreciated!

I have selection in 11 days. I am thinking of changing my first job choice to Geographic Tecnician. None of my other choices are in the engineers and I am aware you need to be physically strong. I am concerned I will be deferred. Does anyone have any idea how long I can expect to be deferred for?
Also, can anyone give me any clues as to what I can expect at the final interview and the ice breaker? At preselection we were given topics etc, but have received little information about ADSC and I quite like to have all the information and know what is going on.

Thanks, Amy
Commander.

Post by Commander. »

Anyone here going to Lichfield 29th July?
tractorboydan

Post by tractorboydan »

Is anybody off to ADSC Pirbright for selection tomorrow?
Silverback

Post by Silverback »

Anyone else going to ADSC litchfield this Thursday 24th?
jamie_82

Post by jamie_82 »

EchoOne wrote:You too. I'm 22 so i'm hoping i'm not gunna be the only 'older' person going in :oops:
You're kidding right? I'm 32 in a few weeks and my selection is on the 3rd july! lol
Random Data

Post by Random Data »

What about neck surgery with some titanium bolts left in place? Is that an absolute, permanent disqualifier for someone wanting to join the Infantry? Even though it was a few years ago, there have been no sequelae, and the neurosurgeon wrote a letter saying that the operation went well and that there should not be any restrictions or limitations (in sport, daily life...)?
Thanks in advance
Tab

Post by Tab »

If they took you on and some thing happened to you they would be held responsible. Also the training is rough and you will get a few knocks and even more when you join your unit, it is a risk they will not take.
Ranglian2015

Post by Ranglian2015 »

Hi; i was just wondering if anyway has passed ADSC recently and know how long you have to wait for CIC for Ranglians..i understand each case ix individual...just desperste to grt in ..cheers