Share This Page:

Got my BARB test 2morrow :D

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
mags

Got my BARB test 2morrow :D

Post by mags »

Hi guys, i have just joined up today to pick ur brains about para tests and help really

Few things id like to ask.

1. The run to test how fit you are, how long and what time?

i can run a mile in about 7 and half mins. Is it 1.5miles in 9 mins???

2. I can do 50 press ups in a min and 60 sit ups, is this ok? My upper body strength is really good.

Also i read somwhere they is a 2 days para inlook day or somthing around start of july, is anyone going? who do i see to get myself there? thanks gents
just_me

Post by just_me »

"i can run a mile in about 7 and half mins. Is it 1.5miles in 9 mins??? "
The BFT Run is 1.5m (2.4km) and must be completed in 9:40 or under (For Paras), though you should be looking at around the 9 minute mark. Time yourself on a 1.5m run, bear in mind at ADSC you run around the (1.5m) track squadded before immedietly doing your 1.5m run best effort.

Look around the site for strength tests, there IS a search button and also a whole section just for the Paras.
About the Insight Course, go onto the Para's website, it will be there.
Woody91

Post by Woody91 »

At ADSC you will be required to do the 1.5 mile run in under 9mins 14 seconds; however if you score high on the strength tests, they can increase this time up to 9:40.

Good luck at your BARB tommorow, you shouldn't have any dramas with it. A piece of advice I do have is as soon as he gives you your Medical Forms, or even do it today; is to book an appointment to see your doctor and sit with him / her whilst they fill in the papers. Because it's quiet common for them to take FOREVER or even loose these documents. So it's best to sit there with them and watch them fill it in so you can take it back to your recruiter ASAP!

Good Luck mate.

Woody.
Application sent - 02/05/08
BARB Test - 08/05/08 (passed)
Interview - 27/05/08 (passed)
ADSC - 18/06/08 (injured - metal spike through the knee) NEW DATE - 11/09/08 PASSED!
Para Depot Catterick - Sunday 21st September 2008
mags

Post by mags »

thank u guys, going for a run tonight and see if i can get my time down!
Woody91

Post by Woody91 »

You've got a PM mags.

And when your doing your run, don't forget to just keep pumping your legs and don't stop moving, give it EVERY thing you've got!

Woody. :D
Application sent - 02/05/08
BARB Test - 08/05/08 (passed)
Interview - 27/05/08 (passed)
ADSC - 18/06/08 (injured - metal spike through the knee) NEW DATE - 11/09/08 PASSED!
Para Depot Catterick - Sunday 21st September 2008