Share This Page:

Continuation Training

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
Ribakop

Continuation Training

Post by Ribakop »

I'm planning to make a sort of information page about the SAS for a website I'm going to make about them. I have the design and but I lack a bit of info about the training after selection.

I would like to know what kind of err... subjects they are trained in. I know there's E&E, but is there anything else like Explosives, Medic, Sniper etc...

Any information about this matter would be appreciated.

I know this is a stupid question because I've always known the SAS touch on a broad range of subjects, however I would like to be more specific.
?Who Shot Terry Taliban?

Post by ?Who Shot Terry Taliban? »

Theres quite a few sites that have the info your looking for just use google but I wouldn't copy & paste things to your own site.
sneaky beaky

Post by sneaky beaky »

Ribacop

If you lack the sort of information about training after qualifying, what qualifies you to give an informative site about the SAS?

Leave it.

Sneaky
Former RM of 23 years.
Artist

Post by Artist »

More to the point what makes you the guy to start a website concerning SF stuff anyway?

You been there? You Done it? If not then shit in it. Just leave it to the guys who have been at the pointed end. They are the people to do it not you.

Artist
Paludrine

Post by Paludrine »

Ribacop is simply doing something which obviously gives him pleasure, he doesn't profess to know it all and he came across as someone with genuine enthusiasm.

Yet he is treated with disdain and disrespect.

Unbelievable
davidemmerson

Post by davidemmerson »

Paludrine,

I'm guessing that you are Ribakop himself. Even Inspector Clouseau could have spotted that one when he was taking half an eye off the Pink Panther.

Of course, if I am wrong I stand corrected....

Paludrine

Post by Paludrine »

I hope standing corrected isn't too painful.
Para_Hopeful

Post by Para_Hopeful »

Last edited by Para_Hopeful on Thu 03 Feb, 2022 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davidemmerson

Post by davidemmerson »

Paludrine wrote:I hope standing corrected isn't too painful.
Completly pain free at the moment.
Last edited by davidemmerson on Wed 30 Apr, 2008 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ADDiction

Post by ADDiction »

If I wanted to make a site on my favourite band should I bin it because Im not in the band?
No, because you can't compare a band with the SAS.
Sarastro

Post by Sarastro »

Smart money isn't on the bloke who builds a fansite about his favourite band, it's on the one who learns the guitar, founds Nirvana and becomes a rock star.

There's a metaphor in there somewhere. Apart from the whole getting smashed out on heroin and topping yourself bit.
Para_Hopeful

Post by Para_Hopeful »

Last edited by Para_Hopeful on Thu 03 Feb, 2022 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ribakop

Post by Ribakop »

davidemmerson wrote:Paludrine,

I'm guessing that you are Ribakop himself. Even Inspector Clouseau could have spotted that one when he was taking half an eye off the Pink Panther.

Of course, if I am wrong I stand corrected....

I would spell my own name right if that was me.

You can do an I.P. check, I'm not Paludrine. Of course, that's not saying I don't want to be you. You seem like a nice bloke.

And why does anyone with over 3 bullets under their name are assholes to me. You'd think that I slept with your damn mother the way you treat me.

Also davidemmerson, just saying I don't know, or at least giving me the tiniest bit of info would have been better, and faster than typing 3 paragraphs then going onto Wikipedia and getting a picture of the Pink Panther.

You trying to impress someone?
SNiDE

Post by SNiDE »

Ribakop, you are on a site made for hoping to serve, serving and ex serving forces personnel. It is there to give them information to aid them in their careers, it is not there for people to spend filling the pages of your website. Furthermor, do you think someone who has no military experience putting together a 'fan site' of a special forces unit is going to garner any respect or courtesy amongst those who have served (in any branch)?

If I were you I would leave now and find some Walter Mitty webring to get your false/second hand information from
davidemmerson

Post by davidemmerson »

I would spell my own name right if that was me.

You can do an I.P. check, I'm not Paludrine. Of course, that's not saying I don't want to be you. You seem like a nice bloke.

And why does anyone with over 3 bullets under their name are assholes to me. You'd think that I slept with your damn mother the way you treat me.

Also davidemmerson, just saying I don't know, or at least giving me the tiniest bit of info would have been better, and faster than typing 3 paragraphs then going onto Wikipedia and getting a picture of the Pink Panther.

You trying to impress someone?
I would give you info on the SAS but your're right, I haven't a clue. Mainly because I haven't had much contact with the military.

Lighten up a bit, you must have known you'd get some daft remarks, you ever heard of the saying "Ask a stupid question...."?

As for, am I trying to impress anyone, if that means am I tring to ass kiss a Mod, then jog on. I haven't written anything on this website to 'impress' anyone, I don't give a monkeys about the bullets, I would have said the same if I had one, none or three.

If you go ahead with the website, then good luck. Don't go on the internet for info, read some books by ex-SAS, they'll give you a much better insight than any 'fan page'.

David