Share This Page:

Help for training!

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
Tittygoodboy69

Help for training!

Post by Tittygoodboy69 »

Hello,

I'm trying to apply for the army (again), going for the infantry.
I'm extremely unfit and im hoping to get fit within a few months (well thats my aim!) I was wondering if there was a quick way for me to get fit? I've got a programme which I'm going to start on Monday, I'm going down to the careers office to talk to them about it all. I applied last year but got my application withdrawn, I trained for a while but didn't really notice any difference!

The actual site seems to provide a programme but I'm not too sure if it's any good!

I reckon I've got a good year before I would get to basic, but I'm hoping to get fit within the next few months (so I don't mind pushing myself)

One more question, is it a good idea to train in military grade boots? lol
I've got a pair of american jungle boots and was thinking about training in them.

Thanks for any help guys.

HELP!
commandocrazy

Post by commandocrazy »

Hi mate I am basically in the same boat as you. To get fit I am just getting myself a good base of fitness by just doing cv work. Such as running on the treadmill and out and about, cross runner, rower, and bike riding and swimming, also upper body fitness such as push-ups, pull-ups sit-ups etc.

Once you have a good base level of fitness step it up little by little also eating healthily would be great and cutting down on smoking and drinking if you do either there is lots of info on this site mate and I am sure sure someone will add to this soon.

Unlucky there is no quick way to get fit just a lot of hard work and determination should do the trick.

All the best mate :D
davidemmerson

Post by davidemmerson »

I wouldn't bother too much with treadmills, run outside it's much better! It's harder and you'll have to push yourself harder. Setting goals is good as well, if you want to PM me your e-mail address I can send you a magic programme given to PAGreenwell and he sent it to me. Hope he doesn't mind!!

David
agapito

Post by agapito »

Hey I'd love to have a copy of that programme extincttiger@hotmail.com, would really appreciate it if you could send it me mate.
mattbea

training

Post by mattbea »

i always found treadmills easier to run on for some reason, i need to start getting fit more with my navy interview coming up and if i pass that then its time to get fit again, i do alot of upperbody and fast walking but no running!! i do smoke quite a bit but i think ill be ok once i start training again, best thing to do is just run till you are sick, some people dont advise it but you definitely know your pushing yourself enough thats the only way i could explain it, really really push it out on your runs dont stop just because of stitch or anything just keep going for 10 minutes of full on pain :P
Tartan_Terrier

Re: training

Post by Tartan_Terrier »

mattbea wrote:i always found treadmills easier to run on for some reason, i need to start getting fit more with my navy interview coming up and if i pass that then its time to get fit again, i do alot of upperbody and fast walking but no running!! i do smoke quite a bit but i think ill be ok once i start training again, best thing to do is just run till you are sick, some people dont advise it but you definitely know your pushing yourself enough thats the only way i could explain it, really really push it out on your runs dont stop just because of stitch or anything just keep going for 10 minutes of full on pain :P
Matt, you have PM.