Share This Page:

Please help (ASDC) 3 questions.

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
Stinky

Please help (ASDC) 3 questions.

Post by Stinky »

3 Things;
1. I have my ASDC on the 8th, I have run today but not yestarday, what would be best, Run Tuesday (done), Thursday and Saturday then ASDC on Monday (3 runs in one week before ASDC) or Run Tuesday (done), Wednesday, Friday and Saturday then ASDC on Monday (4 runs in one week before ASDC). So basicly should I run 3 or 4 times this week before my ASDC for the best result? I just ran 1.5 miles in 10.51. I thank you in advance for any help :).

2. After searching the web, ARRSE, MF and MFAT, I never actully have found the fitness requirements and running times for the ASDC even though I have found threads running all the way back to 2003 telling anybody who asks this question to use the search button :lol:. I am sure anything after that is most likely out of date, so if anybody has a link maybe in their favourites or something, please do tell.

3. I have £35 to spend, is there anything out there that could maybe benfit me and increase my chances of passing ASDC? Would one of those energy drinks (Red Bull or something) help or will my energy be drained after the 'buzz'? I am not to worried but I guess every little helps, if I don't spend it, I could easy use before phase 1.

Thanks for reading :wink:
davidemmerson

Post by davidemmerson »

. . .
Last edited by davidemmerson on Wed 04 Feb, 2009 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
SHOOT_ME

Post by SHOOT_ME »

1. For my ADSC I did my normal weeks workout, and then i simply had 2 days of rest before my ADSC, making sure I didnt totally exhaust myself. The run is not too hard, put your head down and go for it. Watch out for the PT session the night before!

2. Its all here:
http://www.welbeck.mod.uk/Fitness/Website/run.htm

3. There is no time to have your drink of Lucozade so I wouldnt bother taking it. I suggest you keep the money or alternately send me it 8) . Im sure I can find something to spend/waste it on :wink: .

And good luck I hope it goes well.
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

Thanks for the link there SHOOT_ME, but it does not say how many press-ups and sit-ups I need to be able to do :(.
Alfa

Post by Alfa »

Stinky, you don't do any sit ups/press ups at ADSC. Run time for Infantry is 10:30min and I'd save your money if I was you as nothing you can buy is going to make much difference to your performance at this late stage.

Good luck.
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

No press-ups or sit-ups! Thats where I was planning to shine :cry:. On the link SHOOT_ME gave me the time for infantry was 13.00 or something minutes/
Stokey_14

Post by Stokey_14 »

Only thing I might personally get is some sugar Tabs (Dextrose or Lucazaid) just shove a few down you're neck before you run for that little extra boost.

I use them before my races and they seem to work (might only be a mental thing)

All the best

Stokey
azard9330

Post by azard9330 »

if you want sustained energy you want complex carbs like potatos and wholegrain things because energy drinks spike you with energy and for me make me feel really weak after 30 mins or so :oops:
psychometric test- passed
eye test- passed
interview- passed
medical- passed
pjft- passed
prmc- passed
rt- 5th of november
Tartan_Terrier

Post by Tartan_Terrier »

On the packaging for the energy gels I use sometimes, it says something like 20 minutes before and every half hour during exercise.

If I were you I'd give the energy drinks and such a miss altogether though, it's only a mile and a half run.

They say that caffeine stimulates for up to five hours though, so if you're worried make sure and have a cup of coffee with your breakfast.

One more thing Stinky, did you search for ASDC, or ADSC?

Guess which one you should have searched for.

T_T
aphid

Post by aphid »

I passed ADSC on the 14th August and the run time for the infantry was 12:45. Not sure if its changed since then.

You dont do any pushups/situps you just do the jerry can walk, pull ups, then you do the back strength test thing and dynamic/static lift test and then you do the run on the morning of day 2.

Not sure if you remember but I think your the guy that was on the same look at life course I went on, with The Rifles in Bulford?

Gl with your selection and when are you hoping to get into training?

Ant.
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

You sent me a PM before, I remember :wink:. I don't remember what you look like though, were you the WoW player? This is really worried me now because I was expecting to get high scores on the press-ups and sit-ups so if I did bad on the rest of the tests I would have the scores to fall back on, now I am just going to have to hope I can do enough for the rest. How come your not in basic yet?
Alfa

Post by Alfa »

aphid wrote:I passed ADSC on the 14th August and the run time for the infantry was 12:45. Not sure if its changed since then.
It used to always be 10:30 for the Infantry, 2:15min is a quite a big increase so I'm quite suprised at that, still you learn something new everyday I guess.
aphid

Post by aphid »

Stinky wrote:You sent me a PM before, I remember :wink:. I don't remember what you look like though, were you the WoW player? This is really worried me now because I was expecting to get high scores on the press-ups and sit-ups so if I did bad on the rest of the tests I would have the scores to fall back on, now I am just going to have to hope I can do enough for the rest. How come your not in basic yet?
It's really not that hard. I was also quite worried about the back strength test in particular but its just nerves getting to you, its not as bad as you think it is and youll do fine.

Im starting my basic training on the 21st this month, not long to go now! When do you hope to start training?

Anyone else heading to Catterick on the 21st?

Ant.
?Who Shot Terry Taliban?

Post by ?Who Shot Terry Taliban? »

"RED BULL - MORE THAN JUST A MYTH"