Share This Page:

shortest way to get badges

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
kweowusu

shortest way to get badges

Post by kweowusu »

Hi,I am looking forward to join the army as a medical officer.I really want the para wings, as well as the commando dagger.Can someone please tell me how best I can get both of these.Any suggested training will be well appreciated.Also I will like to know the shortest route.thanks
markthestab

Post by markthestab »

you need to think about a career mate

i dont know how it works in the regulars but in the TA if you want to do something like p coy and the commando course and your not in an airborne or commando unit like me you have to pretty much look out for yourself, find out when the courses are, ring the training staff personally, arrange transport (or claim back the petrol) and pester for the right kit

in the regulars i dont think they would even bother taking you unless your role depended on you being airborne or commando trained, or unless you were in a corps that would be attached to either 16AB or 3CDO brigade

so you cant really be a badge collecting boy scout like in the TA, you have to think more about what job you'll be happy doing
kweowusu

Post by kweowusu »

marl, thanks very much for your information.im very grateful
Jobag

Post by Jobag »

You sound like a real walt to me kweowusu. Get a grip, and stop posting about walt-like things, reference "how do i get lots of badges and be commando, para, sas, marine, sbs trained". :o
JWT

Post by JWT »

Yer Dee Bist kweowusu, De casent get any faster dan dis. :wink:
I think this is the only way your going to get them Mucker. :roll:
You wont even have to get yer BOOTS dirty.

http://www.thegoldwirebadge.co.uk/

JWT

I hear the other Green Beret Brigade does a natty line in bages too. Boy Scout's BUT you got to earn them.
flo

Post by flo »

Jobag wrote:You sound like a real walt to me kweowusu. Get a grip, and stop posting about walt-like things, reference "how do i get lots of badges and be commando, para, sas, marine, sbs trained". :o
Jobag, get a grip mate, youve been in the job less than a year, so stop giving it the old sweat routine as many of the old and bold on this site will tell you, You are still a sprog. Its a forum everyone is entitled to ask questions. Rightly or wrongly. Remember if you dont ask you dont find out.

And before you ask, i did my time :lol:
Jobag

Post by Jobag »

Come on flo, its now 3 topics on similar things and thats just the army section. Dont mean to sound "old and bold" because im not, but surely im not the only one who smells a bit of walt in the air. :-?
flo

Post by flo »

Firstly a walter is someone who pretends to be something he is not and i think you will agree with me that kweowusa is merely asking a question with regards to his possible future, and is not implying that he is in the forces. Whilst i agree that there are many topics repeated it is only fair to say that kweowusa has only posted a few times and may not know about the search facility. So surely instead of chastising him for asking questions we should be pointing out how to find out the answers through this facility. Who knows he may join up and become a med officer- and who would be looking up to who!!! :wink:
Doc

Post by Doc »

Who knows he may join up and become a med officer- and who would be looking up to who!!!
and who would be the one lying down in his own blood and urine and who would be the one standing above with a syringe.

Id be 3 foot away counting brufen :P :lol:
King_duck

Post by King_duck »

You know I really feel sorry for the booties they let you experiment on Doc... "but sir, I thought he might swim faster with flippers sewn on..."
goreD.

Re: shortest way to get badges

Post by goreD. »

kweowusu wrote:Hi,I am looking forward to join the army as a medical officer.I really want the para wings, as well as the commando dagger.Can someone please tell me how best I can get both of these.Any suggested training will be well appreciated.Also I will like to know the shortest route.thanks
The most expedicious way is to become a Doctor, then do your Commando course followed by your jumps to gain your wings.

On the training front you should:

1. Study hard and get your medical degree.
2. Train hard physically to enable you to pass the other courses.

You must be one hell of a guy. You are going to undertake to do some of the 3 hardest courses in the world.

Let me know how you get on.

Gore.
Mexican bandit, "Badges?! We don't need no stinking badges....."
Major Kong, "Shoot, a fella could have a pretty good weekend in vegas with all that stuff....."
Gore, "The first casualty of war is your underpants....."
tseng

Post by tseng »

look on ebay. You can get vertually anything on ebay. I'm sure there will be some para wings and a commando dagger
tseng

Post by tseng »

If you want badges join the boy scouts
LMAO :D :D :D

Isn't that off the Army advert. How does the rest go again
Jobag

Post by Jobag »

Well said Sticky. If you want to be a Para, join the Paras. If you want to be a RM, join the Royal Marines. If you want to be a Medic, join the RAMC or the Royal Navy. Simple as. They are all tough courses in their own way, and they train you for the different roles. So what is the point in being Commando trained if you are in 16 Air Assault Brigade as a para medic?? No point at all.