Share This Page:

para beret/commando beret

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
kweowusu

para beret/commando beret

Post by kweowusu »

what beret colour will a medical officer wear,if he is both para and commando trained.thanks
Doc

Post by Doc »

Turquoise
kweowusu

Post by kweowusu »

Sorry,I aint been in the army before,so i dont know what colour that is.Can u please explain further.thanks
Doc

Post by Doc »

A Medical Officer will be in the RAMC.

If he joins airborne forces he will wear a maroon beret. If he passes PCoy and Jumps he will wear his wings.

If he joins commando forces he will wear a black beret until he passes the Commando course upon which he will wear a Green Beret and the Commando dagger.

If he is trained as both a para and a Commando he will wear the beret for which ever unit he is serving with. If he serves with a non-para or non-commando unit he will wear a black beret but can still wear his wings and dagger.

If he gets attached to another unit such as Hereford he will wear their colour beret.

An example would be a commando trained officer attached to the Paras who hasnt passed PCoy, he would wear a dagger and a maroon beret.
If he was para trained and was attached to commando forces but hadnt passed the commando course he would wear his wings but a black beret.
The Green beret is the only beret you have to earn to wear.
kweowusu

Post by kweowusu »

Thanks very much for your information.You have been realy help.Once again,Sorry for the language I used ealier.Im new to this forum.thanks
MRB

Post by MRB »

You tube
sittingstress

Post by sittingstress »

OI Doc, I take issue with your statement about the green beret being the only one that needs to be earnt. What about the coveted BLUE of the Royal Air Force? Desired by many, worn by many more!

Facts my man, facts!!

Regards

ss

PS AND an arduous 9 week course has to be battled through to earn the right.
Per Ardua
Doc

Post by Doc »

SS I humbly apologise without reservation in ignoring the RAF beret and the 9 week arduous course in which it is earnt.

Doc

PS Bollocks! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jobag

Post by Jobag »

Doc wrote:The Green beret is the only beret you have to earn to wear.
Obviously :o
Bliartheliar

Post by Bliartheliar »

GD

Post by GD »

Cobblers - many units have coloured berets and if you don't pass their training you don't get their beret. I wore my green beret with pride - I worked for it.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!
aes69

Post by aes69 »

Cobblers - many units have coloured berets and if you don't pass their training you don't get their beret. I wore my green beret with pride - I worked for it.
I don't think passing out as recruit counts fella!

Green berret? AGC per chance?
GD

Post by GD »

I think it does count 'fella'.

Every regimental distinction counts. Do not make the mistake of decrying someone else's tradition.

You're entitled to your own pride but so is every other capbadge. It is that pride which binds the team together and has created the marvellous regimental traditions which make the British Army what it is.

and no - not the AGC. I was in a front line unit.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!