Share This Page:

Start Basic on Monday 31st Jan!!

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
Grimey Vibes

Start Basic on Monday 31st Jan!!

Post by Grimey Vibes »

Hello everyone, i have not been on here at all very recently, due to being busy and not having regular internet access. On Monday i am off to start Basic in the Grenadier Guards, was going to be paras but was chatting to a Major and for some reason or not my decision changed to Guards, which i am happy with. I can't wait to get started, will see me old mucker James and Mal down there as i am in same barracks as them. Be good to see how ol' red face is getting on (James, long story). Well will pop back now and again to tell you all how its going on.

Thanks for everyone who has helped me on this forum, and to Ploggers (Who seems to have gone AWOL, can't get into touch with him) who has helped loads, Take Care

Grimey
Get on "PARADE"

"You drill like a bad hip-hop artist, MC Miss A Beat"
mercury

Post by mercury »

Jolly good , well done , get cracking and don't come back a civvie !!

:P
"certa cito"
Tab

Post by Tab »

Good luck to you Grimey and I hope it works out for you, the first few weeks are the worst but it does get easier as you get into the swing of things.
theparamancan

Post by theparamancan »

Have fun standing on show parade at Helles Guardroom at 10:00 pm(always seems to be guards)

Good Luck!
When Evil Strives To Overcome Good
And Firepower is Greater Than The Spoken Word.................................................

.....Then Death Rides A Winged Horse
Grimey Vibes

Post by Grimey Vibes »

Well i am only in the second week, there is an internet thing outside my platoon main doors, great. Going on my first exercise tomorrow, should be good, some camping!!!! There are some right idiots here, dont listen at all. I am enjoying it but i am also getting pissed off with it, we have the worst section commander, right c@#t. Put me on show clean doing brasso because i didnt hear the alarm, but i was let off at night which was good. I got my report and got an overall B, so trying hard getting my head down. For those who are up Catterick soon, beware the Land Of Nod, you will love it :roll:

Back soon, laters.

Oh and seen James, he is doing well and enjoying it. Laters!!!
Get on "PARADE"

"You drill like a bad hip-hop artist, MC Miss A Beat"
aaron_k1986

Post by aaron_k1986 »

Hiya
So hows your training going, wats the first 6 weeks like is it just a constant beasting lol, no dought il be seeing you soon I start Para trg on 13 march!
Aaron
Edwards159

Post by Edwards159 »

Good Luck buddy, Hope your having fun!
Utrinque Paratus
beardo

Post by beardo »

The Land of Nod is mint! I loved it there...but then again that was only with cadets lol
mike_B

Post by mike_B »

You say that you had a chat with a Major and 'decided' to go Grenadier Gaurds?

I heard you failed RSC for the Paras (again).

Mike_b
Kane

Post by Kane »

What differs between a Para RSC and say a RJG RSC? Different or harder tests?
Tab

Post by Tab »

May I wish you well and I hope you will keep all of us informed of your progress.
Fow22

Post by Fow22 »

Kane wrote:What differs between a Para RSC and say a RJG RSC? Different or harder tests?
On RSC for Paras you have to do your 1.5 mile run in under 9:15, for RGJ and all other Infantry units I believe it is higher, in the area of 10:30. Kyle.
Kane

Post by Kane »

Done on a treadmill I take it like the PJFT?
Fow22

Post by Fow22 »

No dude, no treadmill. Have you decided what regiment you're going to go for? Cheers, Kyle.
Grimey Vibes

Post by Grimey Vibes »

Just had parents day and just got back. Week 5 on Monday, not long now untill i pass off the square and get weekends off. PT is hard, they push you to the limits and further, but you feel great once its over. If someone does something wrong the whole platoon will get thrashed, so standby if any new recruits up here soon, someone always f@#k up. Going on Intro Ex 2 on Wednesday, get dropped off in a chopper. Its snowing up here, and bloody cold it is!! We done a tab on monday and then went to the bus stop (Hill ithey n training area) and got taught to leopard crawl and monkey crawl in the snow and mud, horrible. We also done fieldcraft. Things are getting much better now, doing more work in the fieldand started on the SAT ranges now we have passed our weapons handling tests. I haveadjusted weel now to army life and how hetic it is, really enjoying it. Look forward to seeing new recruits who are here soon.

James is on longweekend leave now, wish that was me, but only a week and a half to go.

By the way i didnt get a fail at RSC, i got 9.16 on the run, you must have me mixed up with the wrong person.

Take care and will inform you at a later datehow i am getting on.