Share This Page:

My medical records have turned up!

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
ashp

My medical records have turned up!

Post by ashp »

I'm so happy I'm ready to burst, and just had to talk to some people who'd understand how frustrating it was. :)

Back in 2000, I joined a doctors in London, which has since shut down. I've been kept waiting for over three and a half months for my medical records to surface, and they only did due to the persistance of a family friend who works at the local doctors.

So, finally, I can call up tomorrow and start my application rolling again tomorrow after having had to wait and wait until I was ready to go crazy.

I already did the first Interview, but I think we'll end up doing it again as that was quite some time ago now, due to the medical records.

Anyway, just wanted to let off steam about how useless the NHS can be! :x
minimac

Post by minimac »

Good luck with your application.

MM
Grimey Vibes

Post by Grimey Vibes »

I had to wait for a while for my doctors to send my medical documents. I am waiting for MOD clearance now. All the best on your application, what do you plan on doing as a job in the army??
Get on "PARADE"

"You drill like a bad hip-hop artist, MC Miss A Beat"
ashp

Post by ashp »

Grimey Vibes wrote:I had to wait for a while for my doctors to send my medical documents. I am waiting for MOD clearance now. All the best on your application, what do you plan on doing as a job in the army??
Well, big let down today.

My medical records did arrive, and I went back to get another form to take to my doctors, only to find out that due to a computer mistake I'm not qualified for Military Intelligence after all.

[edit: I have 4 GCSEs at C, and 3 at D. The website and all my six months of application said you need Three C's and a decision that you're suited. Now the rules have suddenly changed on me to require 5 GCSE's, is that even right?]

My very initial choice was signals, as I've worked in computers for several years at a high level, but my lack of science GCSE let me down there. My second choice was Intelligence, but my GCSEs let me down again.

So, I've got my third choice, which was a GeoTech, which is Engineering. I'm not really sure what the job entails as the information I have is scanty, and I don't really know what I'm going to do now.

My debt is quite high which is causing them a lot of concern, and I have the feeling I'm going to be refused when I go for my update in two weeks. That combined with the fact that only GCSEs count, not experience, and I'm at a crossroads.

Gah, what a horrid day. :cry:
minimac

Post by minimac »

Gutted mate.

Just make sure what you end up doing is what you want to do - don't get forced into something just to get in.

MM
ashp

Post by ashp »

I've had a think about it and have decided that as the requirements are now five GCSEs, I'm going to find a local college that'll let me take a science related GCSE, and go and get it sorted out, putting my application on hold until I get the qualifications.

I _will_ get into intelligence, and no matter of paperwork is going to stop me. :)
minimac wrote:Gutted mate.

Just make sure what you end up doing is what you want to do - don't get forced into something just to get in.

MM
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

ashp wrote: I _will_ get into intelligence, and no matter of paperwork is going to stop me. :)

MM
thats the spirit mate. The more your willing to do the more the army will do for you!

Good luck 8)
PGAC - Complete

TG Course - 17th October
Chappy

Post by Chappy »

I think you can do a GCSE course in a few month if you stick at it, that wouldnt be a problem tho? You seem very determined to get in!

Have you got any other qualifications bar GCSEs? If you have say, I dunno, some A-levels do they count them or is it bare GCSEs?
ashp

Hurrah!

Post by ashp »

Well, things have changed now. I was feeling pretty glum, going to yet another update interview. My application started in December, so various things have been holding it up for a long time.

However, the portsmouth office played a blinding game, and got in touch with the signals personnal staff, and found me a job ideally suited to me, based on my prior experiences.

So, I'm aiming for Information Systems Engineer now, and I have my second interview date finally, on the 9th July (assuming my paperwork all tallies up properly).

So, for anyone stuck in their application and feeling down, let this be a lesson to you! Hang in there and you'll be alright in the long run.

Now all that's left is to work on my fitness some more in the next four weeks. I'm doing ok with the running, I can do the 1.5miles in 10:30 or so, but I haven't timed myself in weeks so I don't know my current situation, but I'm going to do that tonight. :)

Just gotta continue working on the pressups and situps, is there a target figure you have to meet within the two minutes?
Cobalt

Post by Cobalt »

There's no point applying. You'll fail anyway and you know it! :lol:
- Cobalt

"It's always funny until someone gets hurt - then it's hilarious"
bigbart

Post by bigbart »

So if they can't see your medical notes, can't you get in??? My stupid f*cker of a doctor says they don't have mine!! All they have is the records I gave them when I came out of the Army last time. If I can't get in because of this, I swear that the Doctor will die a slow death.
"Some day a real rain will come and wash all the scum off the streets..."
ashp

Post by ashp »

Cobalt wrote:There's no point applying. You'll fail anyway and you know it! :lol:
Not me, I'm a stubborn bastard! I went for another update meeting yesterday, I had thought it was going to lead straight onto my second Interview, but that never happened.

Still, they confirmed all the paperwork is sorted, the fitness is acceptable, we're all go really. I'm just waiting on a call for the second interview.

Then again, I read in the papers that they are trying to slow recruiting right down. The army is being shafted on numbers, to get below 102,000. The MoD, mind, has 102,600. :(
Cobalt

Post by Cobalt »

They've banned gingers from the Army. You'll need to whip out the old blue dye again. They'll love that.
- Cobalt

ashp

Post by ashp »

Cobalt wrote:They've banned gingers from the Army. You'll need to whip out the old blue dye again. They'll love that.
I'll borrow a german's bikechain, and clout you with it. You know what I mean.
Cobalt

Post by Cobalt »

He sold it to pay for his French missus' flowers.
- Cobalt