Share This Page:

Kilimanjaro 2015

General discussions on helping the wounded (our soldiers) and other charitable work and events.
squizzer73

Kilimanjaro 2015

Post by squizzer73 »

Hi All,
Another sponsorship blag in the offing so bear with me.

In Feb next year I will be trekking/climbing Mount Kilimanjaro with a friend of mine, Dave. We were looking for a challenge, having taken part in numerous fun runs and insane events we wanted something that would really push us to the limit and I think we have found just that in climbing the highest stand alone mountain in the world, Mt Kilimanjaro which stands at 5895 Metres.
The trek/climb will present many challenges such as altitude sickness, walking up to 17 hours a day and sleeping in subzero temperatures and of course the biggest challenge will be sharing a tent night after night.
I shall be raising funds for the Forces Children's Trust, a charity devoted to helping children whose father or mother has died, or has sustained life threatening injuries whilst serving as a member of the British Armed Forces.

If you would like to sponsor me, or if your firm would like to sponsor me (with summit pics of your logo etc.) then please let me know.
Here is the link for the sponsorship page:

https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/marksquires1

Also, any sharing of this link/story to any of your social/business networks would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Mark.