Share This Page:

Tab4heroes

General discussions on helping the wounded (our soldiers) and other charitable work and events.
jay_no7

Tab4heroes

Post by jay_no7 »

Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page.

As an ex military man and a personal trainer at Bannatyne’s Health Club in Birmingham I recruited 2 other budding fitness fanatics to help raise as much money as we can and challenge us both mentally and physically.
 THE EVENT:
·         3 guys
·         145 miles (along the Grand Union Canal) London to Birmingham
·         No sleep, stopping only when the distance is completed (approx 40 hrs)
·         Carrying all supplies (food + water) approx 55lbs
·         Completing the full distance in Army boots.
 “We intend as a team of 3 to Tab 145 miles from London (Little Venice) to Birmingham, none stop carrying all our supplies”
LET ME EXPLAIN
The idea started with a local in house challenge at the gym where I work but due to our competitive nature amongst members of staff and some gym members this soon escalated into what we intend to do.

We intend  to “TAB” which is an Army term meaning “Tactical Advance to Battle” where soldiers past and present advance to battle carrying all supplies needed to carry out a mission, or in my experience war fight and to get there as quickly  as possible.
The army word for it - tabbing -. “Immense courage, endurance and unprecedented mental and physical levels are often associated with the concept of tabbing and the elite soldiers of the British Army”
 This gave us an idea...

We’d heard of an ultra marathon that takes place once a year from Birmingham to London covering 145 miles along the Grand Union Canal system.  The event is targeted at elite runners.  We thought with Birmingham being our home town we would start in London (Little Venice) and reverse the route finishing at the war memorial in the city centre of Birmingham. 

You can still help and donate to a good cause http://www.justgiving.com/tab4heroes

this has been posted for a friend
jay_no7

Re: Tab4heroes

Post by jay_no7 »

Thanks for any donations