Share This Page:

Hand grenade detonation without the fragmentation shell?

Firearm and Weapon Discussions - Anything capable of firing a projectile and using an explosive charge as a propellant.
Firmus

Hand grenade detonation without the fragmentation shell?

Post by Firmus »

Hello all,

I am looking for footage of the explosive charge of a hand grenade going off without the fragmentation shell. I am interested in seeing what the raw concussive explosive blast looks like WITHOUT the shrapnel generated by the shell of the grenade. This footage is not easy to find, does it even exist? I don't know. I would appreciate any assistance that anybody could offer in uncovering or perhaps even producing such footage, if one happens to have a grenade just lying around that they could take apart ;)

FYI I do not have a background in the military but I am interested in some of the hardware. I am making a website about the weapons in star wars and this is part of my research.
Beast
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Hand grenade detonation without the fragmentation shell?

Post by Beast »

Just a suggestion, worth checking on www.youtube.com
As surprisingly they do have everything on there these days.
Firmus

Post by Firmus »

I tried YouTube :) ofcooourse I tried YouTube. But I just find results involving grenades going off conventionally. This is quite a niche question I think. The footage might not even EXIST. But I hope it does. And if it does, I thought a forum like this might be my best bet of finding somebody who knows where to look.
Tab

Post by Tab »

If the detonator is in the grenade when it goes off so does the grenade. I have known that the firing detonator has failed to ignite the fuse which mean the the grenade stays intact
EdwardRobert

Post by EdwardRobert »

They are weapons that are designed to disperse lethal fragments on detonation.