Share This Page:

Best Service Rifle in the World

Firearm and Weapon Discussions - Anything capable of firing a projectile and using an explosive charge as a propellant.

Best Service Rifle in the World

AUG
14%
SCAR
18%
FN 2000
2%
C8
23%
TYPE 95
No votes
G36
25%
AN94 (AK47)
18%
SIG 550 family
No votes

Total votes: 44

Sniper84

Re: Best Service Rifle in the World

Post by Sniper84 »

I reckon it's a tight one between the G36K and the C8 SFW. Just my opinion anyway. My thinking being, they're both sound designs out of the box & don't need to be rejigged like some designs. Then again, anything's better than the SA80 (the sight & barrel are only decent things on it). The G36K is about right length wise and it's bloody accurate. The C8 SFW is a versatile, proven design and it will accept a wide range of optical sights and UGLs. Plus UKSF use it (and the C7) and it's rumored that they use G36 variants too so what further proof do you need?

Just my opinion anyway.
Attachments
sfsg-c8sfw.jpg
sfsg-c8sfw.jpg (64 KiB) Viewed 9781 times
mrfriango

Re: Best Service Rifle in the World

Post by mrfriango »

The Arisaka rifles use a rather ugly modified Mauser 98 type action with a convenient but large, rotary safety knob on the rear of the bolt. However, looks can be deceiving. The Arisaka is actually a very strong action. In tests conducted after the end of WW II by U.S. Military ordinance experts, the Arisaka was found to be the strongest service rifle action of the war.
“A swords never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.”
Lucius Annaeus Seneca