Share This Page:

The Olympics

Non Military Chat. A place for chats or dross and down right pointless posts, you decide.
Walter Kovacks

The Olympics

Post by Walter Kovacks »

Great Britain and Northern Ireland are doing far better than I expected, with some surprising but well deserved medals along the way.
Great effort by all.
Millar

Re: The Olympics

Post by Millar »

I agree, but I was very disappointed by the Womens and Males Football Teams, played below there abilities in the knockout stages, typical British Football...
Tab

Post by Tab »

When it get to penalties what do you expect
Millar

Post by Millar »

Tab wrote:When it get to penalties what do you expect
Yes but British Footballers seem to have this undeserved arrogance about themselves and underestimate the "lower" Teams and Countries, South Korea are considered a far less skilled Team than our own yet they were all over us, I believe it's because we underestimated them, we were lucky to even make it to penalties, better we lost now than receiving the beating Brazil were going to give us lol

Regardless of the reasons what's done is done, I'm really happy how the rest of the British Athletes have performed throughout the Games, and what's best is that it's on home soul, something we can be proud of for once :)
Ares-God of War

Post by Ares-God of War »

22 gold 13 silver 13 bronze 3rd in the medal table, highest medal to population ratio, not bad. :D :drinking:

Ares
Team work is essential, it gives them other people to shoot at. - Unknown

If at first you don't succeed, call in an airstrike. - Unknown

Friendly Fire, isn't - Unknown
got1

Post by got1 »

[quote="Ares-God of War"]22 gold 13 silver 13 bronze 3rd in the medal table, highest medal to population ratio, not bad. :D :drinking:

Ares[/quote]

I think you will find Grenada has that honour. 1 Gold.