Share This Page:

What is going on?

Non Military Chat. A place for chats or dross and down right pointless posts, you decide.
Walter Kovacks

What is going on?

Post by Walter Kovacks »

I like Christina Aguilera, but her version of 'The Star Spangled Banner' at Superbowl was dreadful (with or without the correct lyrics).

Take a peek at the many versions on YouTube and most are not much better.

You'd think that at premier events, like Superbowl, the organisers would ensure that the National Anthems are served properly, especially when there is often a military aspect to them.

Wouldn't it be nice ..................
Tab

Re: What is going on?

Post by Tab »

I don't think that many people in Britain give a dam about the Super Bowl and what they sing there.
Ares-God of War

Post by Ares-God of War »

Hello
i watched the Superbowl last night, i couldnt understand what she was singing! Did you see the Medal of Honor 'winner', he was the first person to win the MoH alive since Vietnam. Do you know what he did?

Ares
Team work is essential, it gives them other people to shoot at. - Unknown

If at first you don't succeed, call in an airstrike. - Unknown

Friendly Fire, isn't - Unknown
sportbilly42

Post by sportbilly42 »

Walter Kovacks wrote:I like Christina Aguilera, but her version of 'The Star Spangled Banner' at Superbowl was dreadful (with or without the correct lyrics)

Christina clearly opted for the 'without correct lyrics' version...

It seems peculiar to the Star Spangled Banner that US celebs with a voice tend to use their moment in the spotlight to improvise to less than spectacular effect.... Extended warbles, high pitched screams thrown in for effect.... It ends up with something that nobody in the crowd can sing along to..

Compare it with someone like Katherine Jenkins singing at the Millennium Stadium (in tight jeans, tight top = phwoar... Excuse me while I get a box of tissues....) No extended silliness. Just belting it out for the crowd... Perfick....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lewMbHl1 ... re=related

Mind you ... fek knows if she opts for the 'without correct lyrics' version as well. She keeps singing it in western english troglodyte.

As for the MoH that was Staff Sgt. Salvatore Giunta.. a reluctant recipient it seems as he didn't think his actions warranted such a high decoration
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvatore_Giunta

EDIT: Beaten to it by Wholley
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

sportbilly42 wrote:
EDIT: Beaten to it by Wholley

I knew my insomnia would come in useful sometime :lol:
Tdivers

Post by Tdivers »

Tab wrote:I don't think that many people in Britain give a dam about the Super Bowl and what they sing there.

Superbowl i think that's what i use for my breakfast cereal in the morning. But on a serious note isnt that like the easier version of the mans game Rugby ? The one where they wear pads and stuff ?

Dam i miss watching Rugby here in Thailand, and miss playing it even more.
Walter Kovacks

Post by Walter Kovacks »

Tdivers,
Sorry for the late reply.

You are very fortunate to reside in Phuket. I have enjoyed many a beer in Patong!

Anyway I have been fortunate enough to visit Phuket during 2010 and 2011 at the expense of our Rugby Club. On both occasions to take part in the excellent Phuket 10s tournament, held at the stadium on Karon Beach. Hope to do it again next year!

See you there.
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

I don't know what has happened with Ian.
He just quit posting.
Hope he's alright.