Share This Page:

YOU MUST NOT MISS THIS!!!!!

Non Military Chat. A place for chats or dross and down right pointless posts, you decide.
owdun

Re: YOU MUST NOT MISS THIS!!!!!

Post by owdun »

Had a little problem,have we. :D :D :D
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

How did you guess?
Was it summat I said? :evil:
Jeez you should have been a detective.
Inspector owdun of the Yard
Fame awaits!!!!!
Who would you have as your faithful DS?
I used to know a secretary type at BBC America.
Don't parlez vior Francais by any chance?(that screwed the spellchecker.Arf Arf)
You could be the next Inspector Morse except you don't live in Oxford.
As I'm rambling you can reckon I was pretty pissed when this vindictive little machine went tit's for about the fourth time.
I feel sorry for my grandchildren as their growing up with these bastards.
Found some Pussers in Bedford,so I'm off for a tot which may turn a little more serious.At least when my brain wont boot in the morning I have no-one else to blame :D
Beast
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Beast »

Hope you got the power drill out and put a few holes in the top before you put it in the bin.
Just incase any data does get pulled. :)
owdun

Post by owdun »

Dear Pissed Off ,of Bedford.I don't mind being the whipping boy for your being pissed of with your pooter,by all means vent your rage upon my old,defenceless back,farkin typical of you younger beings.If you were not so bloody Piso,you would have bought a decent set up in the first place. :P :P :P My Dell is eight years old,been no problem at all since I bought it,but then,it wasn't cheapo.Can I now crawl out of cover,'cos its cold out here. :D :D

Aye Owdun.
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Thats quite enough of the"old defenseless back routine"from you young man :D
I am now quite recovered from my hissy fit thankyou.Dell used to have a great reputation in the pooter industry,I've had two in fact the tower within which the HD failed was a Dell originally right up till when I started playing with it :roll: I added and removed some stuff which I probably should have left alone,but then I never was the sharpest knife in the bosun's locker :lol:
Jay,I'm using it as an ashtray.
I'm going to stick to an old home truth in future"If it ain't broke,don't fix it"
owdun

Post by owdun »

Heyup Paulie,never a truer word than your last sentence,if it aint broke don't fix it.Mind you,someone of your venerable age should have learned that truism years ago. :D :D

Aye The Owd and Wise one. :evil:
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

owdun,
you are never to old to learn unless you are too young to realise it :D :D
Got some good news.
Check that old fashioned e-mail type thingy by sparrow fart
aye,
Paulie.
Tdivers

Post by Tdivers »

owdun wrote:Heyup Paulie,never a truer word than your last sentence,if it aint broke don't fix it.

Aye The Owd and Wise one. :evil:
You forgot to add dont let anyone else try to fix it either. Came across a problem recently here in the land of smiles. I build my own PC so it has a reasonable spec transported it across to thailand. The had to check and change the power supply, Now normally i would do this myself but its hot here and i get easily flustered so i thought lets take it to the nice man in the computer shop. He of course said no ploblem mister i fix u.
1 week later Pc back and working although the strange thing was everytime i touched it i felt this surge of electricity running through my body. Didnt think much of it at the time and the guy did say any problems and i can change it anywhere in Thailand.

so we moved 13 hours drive away from his shop and yep you guessed it suddenly it just stopped working. So went to computer shop with 1 month old power supply only to be told have to go back to him and he will order new 1 but the 1 i have hasnt got enough power. So fork out another 100 quid for 1000w PSU.

Of course silly me i didnt check in the shop all was ok i saw windows working and thought nothing of it. Got home and as i have my drives on a raid system there was nothing there. Messed about for hours and then took it back to shop only to be told no one new what to do with raid.........

Simple question asked the guy when you took cables of did you write down or note which cable went where. Answer was Nooooooo. So told them well 2 disk drives and 8 slots on motherboard so you need to find right combination to get all my data back.

They did manage to sort it and only took a week.

Will never let anyone touch my PC again.
kossack15

Post by kossack15 »

Now that sounds a great bit of kit ... shame it sounds a little temppremental !!!!!!!
perhaps some TLC mite do the trick like hireing a road roller ....

kossack15 .
sheriff1990

Post by sheriff1990 »

hey if you think that was an overreaction, few weeks back i got a computer virus.
and while most people would run their anti virus, i went a step further, i pulled all 5 TB hard drives from my computer (about 300quids worth) walk down to the beach with about a gallon of napalm and black powder and blew the buggers up

wont lie i regretted it almost 10 minutes later.
Tab

Post by Tab »

Lets face it Paul you have the magic fingers when it comes to computers.
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Didn't expect this old dinosaur of a thread to rear-up again.
You are quite right Tab,technology and I do not fare well together :D .
armyprynne

Post by armyprynne »

some people might call that art
miltarymaturin

Post by miltarymaturin »

this made me laugh but only after I fully recovered from a recent incident of the same
youcangetholdofjules

Post by youcangetholdofjules »

Oh dear :o