Share This Page:

Help settling an argument

Non Military Chat. A place for chats or dross and down right pointless posts, you decide.
Paddyclear

Help settling an argument

Post by Paddyclear »

I was discussing martial arts with a friends and we ended up talking about systema spetznaz. I made the comment that any trained special forces soldier could destroy a professional mma fighter, the kind you watch on television. He disagrees and calls my argument stupid so I just wonder what the rest of you think?
daz89

Re: Help settling an argument

Post by daz89 »

lol... :lol: No unarmed man has a chance against someone with a rifle etc. Now if your talking about in the ring thats a different storey altogether, Im pretty sure special forces dont do a course on mma :roll:
sportbilly42

Post by sportbilly42 »

daz89 wrote:Im pretty sure special forces dont do a course on mma
Oh I'm not so sure...
They're always away in Faroffistan and other exotic haunts so are probably well drilled in the efficient use of claim forms. Motor Mileage Allowance forms can most likely be completed in their sleep.....

or is that not what you meant..? :)
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

Come on get real. Everyone knows the Special Forces had Action Man modelled on them, what with their permanent 'kung fu' grip n what not. They are in a constant state of karate choppin alert and could kill the likes of Alex Reid with their steely eyed 'death stare'.....

SF gets my vote.
'Every man an Emperor'
Tab

Post by Tab »

The general idea is to kill the opposition long before you start to play paticake with him. If he does get close then you will use a bayonet, shovel or anything else you can knock seven bells out him, but hand to hand is for the films.
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

my platoon sgt at catterick was a falklands vet. he told us stories bout that war that iv never read about in the mainstream. he said that argies heads were taken off with shovels in trench positions etc and bayonets in the eye happened frequently. it made me realise how horrific that war actually was and how these men fought. the sgt was also the scariest man i have ever met.
'Every man an Emperor'
Da_sheriff

Post by Da_sheriff »

Its an irrelevant argument.

One is made to kill
One is made for sport.

In all fairness though, Some of the best MMA fighters were once service men.

So you could make the statment, that all service men are MMA fighters, but not all MMA fighters are service, by that logic, service men would be better fighters than MMA personnel
Millar

Post by Millar »

Special Forces, an MMA fighter would stop with a tap out, the SF would only stop when his opponent is dead or paralyzed.

As people have stated above, 1 is an Elite Killing Machine, the worlds most Elite Killing Machine may I add, and another is trained in fair play for sport, there's no competition.

Our Special Forces are trained in hand to hand to a high degree, you only have to look at how the Korean Army is trained, and how efficient they are with there martial arts to see the importants of it, if shit kicked of with a country like that and 1 of our SF lads lost his kit or ran out of ammo, he would need to fend himself against soldiers that would put Bruce Lee to shame, sounds extreme but being in the Special Forces is as extreme as it gets.

Oh and I'm pretty sure it's against the Geneva convention to use Special Forces personal for sport, or for fighting civilians haha
Tab

Post by Tab »

If you run out of ammo you have knifes and bayonets, also your weapon makes a good club and as I said before you have a trenching tool, and if you don't need trenches then you will need to dig a crapper. Digging a crapper is must as it gets rid of the smell and keeps the fly's away, the last thing you need are flies that have just been feasting on your turd then come and settle on your food.
Millar

Post by Millar »

Tab wrote:you have a trenching tool, and if you don't need trenches then you will need to dig a crapper. Digging a crapper is must as it gets rid of the smell and keeps the fly's away, the last thing you need are flies that have just been feasting on your turd then come and settle on your food.
Probably one of the few things in the world that can be used to keep flies of your Poo and also be pretty effective at severing another persons head off. 8)