Share This Page:

Living with drink

Non Military Chat. A place for chats or dross and down right pointless posts, you decide.
Artist

Living with drink

Post by Artist »

Sorted out me problems so I thought. Wrong. Bloody booze is going to be my downfall. Can go days without a wet then Lo and Behold I get pissed and create aggro.

Artist
Last edited by Artist on Tue 24 Aug, 2010 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tab

Re: Living with a drunk

Post by Tab »

No one has to tell you what you need to do mate, just get in there and do it. When I left the forces I found that I was looking for a drink early in the day, and thought unless I get a grip I will have a problem, lucky enough for me I recognized that I might have a problem early enough to deal with it.
Sisyphus

Re: Living with drink

Post by Sisyphus »

For me the answer was fairly simple: I just got fed up with the stuff, totally fed up, not enjoying it, drinking out of habit, being able to drink so much it had no major effect and was costing a bomb (I can't remember how many years since I got fall over drunk or used the big-white-telephone) etc...... So I knocked it on the head.

Still have a scoop or two at birthday parties, anniversaries, etc. or a nice bottle of wine if it's a special meal.

Anyway, GOOD LUCK with it!

It ain't easy as we all know. I needed to get totally bored with it - and the whole idea of drinking - to be able to turn my back on it.
Walter Kovacks

Post by Walter Kovacks »

Just returned from 2 weeks in Phuket. Always nice, but ended up drinking every day starting at about 1200hrs. Not particularly heavy, but it's good to be back home for a bit of detox!

Anyway I digress, the secret is moderation. Easy to say, not so easy to do. Occasionally I still get on it big time. Ouch!
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

well all i can say is no ones is perfect and we all have our problems. iv been hammered in court due to drink, been a naughty lad. needless to say im one that obviously learns the hard way. to everyone else id say if youve had a drink dont bloody do it . i.e drive. one lapse of judgement will have a ton of bricks come down like two ton. only saving grace were previous 'character' (i.e armed forces) got 9 month ban and fine but could of been 16 month. DONT do it.
'Every man an Emperor'
Beast
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Beast »

@gunner75, sorry to hear it mate. :(
We all live and learn, but glad to hear your well.
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

cheers m8.
yeah im well no worries. just kicking myself because im usually the FIRST one to preach. ' had a drink - DONT drive' anyway without the gory details I did . ONE lapse of judgement and i was caught. bang to rights i aint complaining. solicitor said i could of challenged for the drunk in charge route but i know how the solicitor 'hawks' work and i am no cash cow. my barrister from n.ireland (very interestin convo with him lol) managed to get 16 months down to 12, 12 down to 9 upon completion of a rehabilitation course( which im doing @£250) . a whole sorry state of affairs and to every person reading this who feels smug because they have never been caught thus far.... beware its only time and circumstance. mine was circumstance so even when you think ur in the clear - YOU AINT! DONT DO IT!!!
'Every man an Emperor'