Share This Page:

Sound Familiar?

Non Military Chat. A place for chats or dross and down right pointless posts, you decide.
Walter Kovacks

Sound Familiar?

Post by Walter Kovacks »

I'm passing this on as I did not want to be the only Old Fart receiving it. Actually, it's not a bad thing to be called, as you will see.

Old Farts are easy to spot at sporting events; during the playing of God Save the Queen, Old Farts remove their caps and stand at attention and sing without embarrassment. They know the words and believe in them. Old Farts remember World War II, Normandy and Hitler. They remember Korea, Suez, the Atomic Age, The Cold War, the Jet Age, the Moon Landings and the Falklands War.

If you bump into an Old Fart in the street he will apologize. If you pass an Old Fart on the street, he will nod or tip his cap to a lady. Old Farts trust strangers and are courtly to women. Old Farts hold the door for the next person and always, when walking, make certain the lady is on the inside for protection. Old Farts get embarrassed if someone curses in front of women and children. Old Farts have moral courage and personal integrity. They seldom brag unless it's about their children or grandchildren.

It's the Old Farts who know our great country is protected, not by politician's, but by the young men and women in the military serving their country. This country needs Old Farts with their work ethic, sense of responsibility, pride in their country and decent values. We need them now more than ever. Long Live Old Farts!

Stand fast Owdun and Tab, you pair of young whipper-snappers!
terryrat

Re: Sound Familiar?

Post by terryrat »

Thats it then all done n dusted im proud to say im an old fart ......god that feels better
THE BERET OF THE ROYAL MARINE COMMANDO, He who wear's it does so with pride. He who doesn't has no f@*king concept of how hard it is to attain!
owdun

Post by owdun »

My Kids call me an old fart,when I've pointed out their errors and omissions,but,at 81 years old,I aint in the best position to catch 'em and belt their lugs. :D :D
Tab

Post by Tab »

I have to stand up to fart along to the music