Share This Page:

Travel to US with police caution

Non Military Chat. A place for chats or dross and down right pointless posts, you decide.
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

According to someone I know who tried it,takes three working days for the embassy to acknowledge receipt of a fax. :o
Sisyphus

Post by Sisyphus »

flighty

Here's a link to a 'Visa Application Wizard' you can go through:

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/vi ... index.html

Near the end it states that if you've been arrested, even though there was no subsequent criminal conviction, then you need a full visa.

I'm not sure whether this just means if you've been to court and found not guilty or includes those times where people are arrested and given a caution at the police station.
got1

Post by got1 »

My mate needed a visa because he did have a drunk driving charge against him, he did get btw.
flighty

Post by flighty »

Oh, for ferks sake ......
I'll give you all a report .... were we allowed in? No . Information is bollocks. We will wing it to NewYORRK.
flighty

Post by flighty »

Sissy ... I can't make head nor tail ....as usual!
Sisyphus

Post by Sisyphus »

Try again when the gin's worn off! :wink:

Anyway, have a good time when you get there and enjoy the trip!
flighty

Post by flighty »

Sisyphus wrote: Near the end it states that if you've been arrested, even though there was no subsequent criminal conviction, then you need a full visa.

I'm not sure whether this just means if you've been to court and found not guilty or includes those times where people are arrested and given a caution at the police station.
Zackly, Sissy. I couldn't make any sense of it. :o

BTW I don't drink gin ..... unless you're thinking about shifting a bottle down my way for Chrissmuss. :drinking:
Sisyphus

Post by Sisyphus »

Be delighted to! Although you might find the bottle empty and its contents working its way through my digestive system! :D

Hey! Have a great Christmas and an even better NewYear (including an uneventful trip to the Bg Apple in Feb)!
flighty

Post by flighty »

Same to you, hunnybunny! Here's to Christmas and all that bollux! :drinking:
flighty

Re: Travel to US with police caution

Post by flighty »

Long time replying and there's a story to tell. :-?

First flight was cancelled due to heavy snow at Newark. Managed to re arrange with Netflights (superb service .... can't speak highly enough of them.) Flew out on the folllowing Sunday and I was hauled off to immigration on arrival .... cops dunkin' donuts and the like .... for about half an hour, during which I lost about two stone through sweating. Apparently, I had declared myself immune to prosecution ie diplomatic status by ticking the wrong box on the on line visa waiver jobby.

So ..... son, son's GF and the daughter were fine to travel. It was ME who ferked things up! Thankfully, they allowed us all through despite my inadequacies and we had an amazing time. Oooooooohhhhhh, New York!

BTW I can't abide gin. I have had a bottle in the I'M A SCAMMER SPAMMER!!! cupboard for since Xmas 2008. There is probably two thirds of it left intact despite what some bullshitter or other might have said about finding empty bottles of all around my house. Nuff said! :evil:
gshan12

Re: Travel to US with police caution

Post by gshan12 »

Anyway, have a good time when you get there and enjoy the trip

Office Chairs
Chairs